• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Week 1 - Clemson discussion

There‘s a new trick play this year called the C-19. The entire offense yells “I’ve got Covid and starts coughing,” and hopefully the ball carrier runs untouched into the end zone.

L&D channeling his inner Rj

I felt strongly that we’d play some football this fall. I don’t feel strongly that we will complete the season. So, for that reason, I see no reason to not approach every single game like it’s the final game of the season.
I almost feel the opposite. After a couple of games there will be so much inertia that it would take a player dying for anything to be halted. If a player tests positive they'll just find some way to quarantine him so the show can go on.

I almost feel the opposite. After a couple of games there will be so much inertia that it would take a player dying for anything to be halted. If a player tests positive they'll just find some way to quarantine him so the show can go on.

Yeah, I mean who knows. The issue could become the scheduling cluster. State already had to pushback their season. Now VPI/UVA game rescheduled. There will be more and eventually we may be playing games on tuesdays to get through this season.

Yeah, I mean who knows. The issue could become the scheduling cluster. State already had to pushback their season. Now VPI/UVA game rescheduled. There will be more and eventually we may be playing games on tuesdays to get through this season.

We will have played three games before UVA plays their first game

I totally agree with this post. Thanks for having the guts to say it. I may be wrong about this, but I think the majority of people who are silent are in this camp.

It takes zero guts to say stupid shit on an anonymous message board.

It takes zero guts to say stupid shit on an anonymous message board.

It also takes zero guts to go in a voting booth and pull the lever for shit for brains Trump because you are sick of political correctness. There will be a lot of that happening as well.

Yep I've been curious about this too. Hoping no news is good news

There will no press release. If guys are warming up, they are playing. Results from yesterday's tests to the teams this morning. ESPN just reported local on-site reporter said starting TE and an OL from ISU, not warming up. That is when you will hear. WVU suspended 11 players for team rules violations. Bet most were Covid protocol.

What does everyone think the overall follow-through rate is of people claiming they are going to stop watching their favorite team due to BLM messaging? Logically I would assume that it's pretty low and it's mostly just talk, but I like to imagine some guy averting his eyes in a Buffalo Wild Wings to avoid glimpsing a helmet decal.

So after seeing Trevor and Saban interviews on social issues this morning, I guess the CFP will have to cxl due to lack of fans? Maybe not if those 2 schools don't use those incendiary decals

What does everyone think the overall follow-through rate is of people claiming they are going to stop watching their favorite team due to BLM messaging? Logically I would assume that it's pretty low and it's mostly just talk, but I like to imagine some guy averting his eyes in a Buffalo Wild Wings to avoid glimpsing a helmet decal.

I'll go with pretty high -- for about two weeks.

I'm wondering how many TDs Clemson scores off punts / kicks....😕

Play the game like Leeds at Liverpool today. Throw it all out there and hope for the win. Nobody really knows what the teams have.

Looks like if you are giving up on the Deacs because you are an outright/closet racist Sutton’s got you covered so just contact him and let him know how much to make up for your absence.

Back