• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Week 1 - Clemson discussion

Also it was buried in a Q&A that Les posted with Clawson but the players will apparently be wearing some sort of statement/slogan/whatever on their helmets promoting social equality. Good for them, this is a huge platform with Gameday and the #1 team in the country.

yeah and some donks were replying to his tweets with stuff like "Wake is the only thing I had left because I can't watch the NFL or NBA no more. bye !"

Clemson apparently proposed moving this game to Death Valley and splitting the gate with Wake. Props to Currie for telling them to fuck off.

Not a surprising proposal really, if they can have fans. Glad Currie didn't accept. Wellman would'be probably took the money.

Not a surprising proposal really, if they can have fans. Glad Currie didn't accept. Wellman would'be probably took the money.

Yep. I’m also happy the ND game is back at Wake to be honest. I don’t understand giving up a home game ever if you are a P5 team. A scheduled neutral site game is a different thing.

Also it was buried in a Q&A that Les posted with Clawson but the players will apparently be wearing some sort of statement/slogan/whatever on their helmets promoting social equality. Good for them, this is a huge platform with Gameday and the #1 team in the country.

In the Zach Tom interview, he indicated that the helmets would have "Black Lives Matter" on back and fists on the sides.

Last edited:
What is the final test date for players prior to the game?

What’s the last date we would expect significant roster adjustments related quarantines?

Is there any concern about games being postponed the day of due to a cluster of positive tests?

Just listened to the Zach Tom interview and he revealed that it is a fist raised on either side of the helmet plus BLACK LIVES MATTER on the back helmet lip instead of WAKE FOREST. Cannot wait to see (and have been searching briefly for sneak peeks but so far no dice).

I know there are a sliver of Wake fans that will be "disappointed" but respect for the collective players (read: all decided to do this) in doing this on a national stage.

What we don't know: Gold helmets with black fists? Or black helmets with gold fists? Thinking we have to be using the gold helmets here. Also, huge emblem in place of the WF? Or a smaller one below and to the back of the WF emblem?

Can't wait to see ...

kinda bummed DJ Taylor didn't secure the backup LB spot, much less compete to take it from Smenda

Last edited:
do you think they're gonna do a tearjerker story on Gameday about Clawson being away from his wife, or just save that anecdote for the game?

Just listened to the Zach Tom interview and he revealed that it is a fist raised on either side of the helmet plus BLACK LIVES MATTER on the back helmet lip instead of WAKE FOREST. Cannot wait to see (and have been searching briefly for sneak peeks but so far no dice).

I know there are a sliver of Wake fans that will be "disappointed" but respect for the collective players (read: all decided to do this) in doing this on a national stage.

What we don't know: Gold helmets with black fists? Or black helmets with gold fists? Thinking we have to be using the gold helmets here. Also, huge emblem in place of the WF? Or a smaller one below and to the back of the WF emblem?

Can't wait to see ...

Historically, the helmets remain blank until the Wednesday night before the first game of the season so there wouldn’t be anything to preview.

Of course that’s speaking about a time when we only had one set of helmets.

What is the final test date for players prior to the game?

What’s the last date we would expect significant roster adjustments related quarantines?

Is there any concern about games being postponed the day of due to a cluster of positive tests?

According to Clawson interview, players will be tested today (Wednesday) and Friday, so could lose players - either positive or contact tracing - up to game time.

Sounds like we won't know until they step on the field which players will be sitting out. Ok with me but wondered if that affects betting. If half of clemson's team is gone, including Lawrence and Etienne, would the Vegas bookies cancel the bets? As you can probably tell, I'm not a gambler and just wondering.

In the Zach Tom interview, he indicated that the helmets would have "Black Lives Matter" on back and fists on the sides.

That's bold AF for a university with an angry religious white guy as its mascot.

Sounds like we won't know until they step on the field which players will be sitting out. Ok with me but wondered if that affects betting. If half of clemson's team is gone, including Lawrence and Etienne, would the Vegas bookies cancel the bets? As you can probably tell, I'm not a gambler and just wondering.

Back in late June/early July I think Clemson reported 37 players (or players and staff) had tested positive for Covid. Does anyone have an update on this? How serious was it? Are all the players fully recovered or have there been lingering effects that may have limited their ability to practice or play? Any reports since then about more/new cases?

Back in late June/early July I think Clemson reported 37 players (or players and staff) had tested positive for Covid. Does anyone have an update on this? How serious was it? Are all the players fully recovered or have there been lingering effects that may have limited their ability to practice or play? Any reports since then about more/new cases?

During yesterday's press conference, Dabo said that Clemson tests its players and staff other day, and while not directly answering questions about current positive cases, he made it sound like there are no current issues on the Clemson roster related to the virus. Clemson also released its depth chart for the game, and for the most part, there were no shocking absences which would likely be explained by a positive test. That said, there is nothing preventing Clemson from waiting until Gameday to decide to identify the players that will suit up/not suit up.

do you think they're gonna do a tearjerker story on Gameday about Clawson being away from his wife, or just save that anecdote for the game?

Is he still doing this, because apparently Claw was at home during the coaches show last week? He and Stan were both remote and I'm pretty sure Claw said he was at home.

Is he still doing this, because apparently Claw was at home during the coaches show last week? He and Stan were both remote and I'm pretty sure Claw said he was at home.

Short answer is yes, long answer is in here from a Zoom presser about a month ago:

My daughter is going to college, so she’s going to go back for her senior year. And then when they come back to move her in, I will stay in a hotel.
And then I was going to stay in a hotel, and I was even looking at getting one of those sleeping pods and putting it in the office and sleeping there, and then my son’s school decided that they’re going to go online for the first 4-6 weeks, so my wife and son will stay out of town so I can stay at the house.
If at any point his school becomes live and in-person, then I’ll get that order for the sleeping pod back up or stay at a hotel.

We’re quarantining from each other.
I was able to see her a little bit ago. I kinda quarantined for a bit, took a COVID test, and saw them for a quick weekend.
But over the last five or six weeks, I’ve probably seen them a total of four of five days.

Short answer is yes, long answer is in here from a Zoom presser about a month ago:

My daughter is going to college, so she’s going to go back for her senior year. And then when they come back to move her in, I will stay in a hotel.
And then I was going to stay in a hotel, and I was even looking at getting one of those sleeping pods and putting it in the office and sleeping there, and then my son’s school decided that they’re going to go online for the first 4-6 weeks, so my wife and son will stay out of town so I can stay at the house.
If at any point his school becomes live and in-person, then I’ll get that order for the sleeping pod back up or stay at a hotel.

We’re quarantining from each other.
I was able to see her a little bit ago. I kinda quarantined for a bit, took a COVID test, and saw them for a quick weekend.
But over the last five or six weeks, I’ve probably seen them a total of four of five days.

Thanks for the info. That would hard I'm sure.

Back