• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Week 1 - Clemson discussion

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
We play Clemson on Saturday. The eyes of college football will be at MSD for our first College Gameday and a prime-time national TV game.

Here is the depth chart:

I miss the look-alike threads from the old days.

So where is the OL transfer from Maryland ?

Lemme guess....OFTY ?

Clemson will be without 4 of its top 5 tacklers from last year, and the top returning tackler, James Skalski has to sit out the first half because of targeting penalty in the LSU NC game.

Clemson also has some question marks at receiver without Higgins and Justyn Ross.

OTOH, Travis Ettiene has killed WF on the ground in past years:

2019: 16 for 121 1 TD
2018: 10 for 167 3 TD
2017: 15 for 67 1 TD

In total 41 for 355 yards and 5 TDs.

Clemson will be without 4 of its top 5 tacklers from last year, and the top returning tackler, James Skalski has to sit out the first half because of targeting penalty in the LSU NC game.

Clemson also has some question marks at receiver without Higgins and Justyn Ross.

OTOH, Travis Ettiene has killed WF on the ground in past years:

2019: 16 for 121 1 TD
2018: 10 for 167 3 TD
2017: 15 for 67 1 TD

In total 41 for 355 yards and 5 TDs.

Yeah but if you take out 2019 and 2018 he was only a pedestrian 15 for 67 with 1 TD.

Per Clawson. Yes.

Wonderful....we have such good luck with transfers. I see the kid from Old Dominion who seemingly transferred like 6 years ago is finally on the depth chart:rolleyes:

Definitely the least I've ever cared about Wake football or college football in general. Just seems so small compared to everything else that actually matters going on in the world. Surely doesn't help that we play Clemson and Notre Dame in the first few weeks and that there's no real tangible goal for the season for most teams playing.

I'll be overhyped and half drunk by game time. Watching with my three closest friends in the area, all of whom are Clemson grads. ipitymyself.

Mr-T-pain.jpg

Pain as in we'll get our butts kicked

So I'm guessing there is absolutely no GameDay stuff going on, correct? Zero, zilch, nadda????

Herbstreit is not doing the game. The ESPN/ABC crew will be: Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge with Todd McShay and Allison Williams on the sidelines.

Clemson apparently proposed moving this game to Death Valley and splitting the gate with Wake. Props to Currie for telling them to fuck off.

Clemson fucking sucks.

Back