• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Female Country Artists

Patsy Cline
Reba
The Judds
Dolly

Maybelle Carter over Patsy. Maybelle and her family's influence over early country can't be credited enough. She deserves a spot.

Reba, Dolly, and Loretta Lynn are also worthy. Patsy is certainly noteworthy, but I have to put these other ladies ahead of her in a four spot monument.

Maybelle Carter over Patsy. Maybelle and her family's influence over early country can't be credited enough. She deserves a spot.

Reba, Dolly, and Loretta Lynn are also worthy. Patsy is certainly noteworthy, but I have to put these other ladies ahead of her in a four spot monument.

Yeah, that's the list. /thread

I'm still taking Patsy

Yep. Patsy was Loretta's inspiration so that gives her the edge for me. Maybelle deserves consideration but I'm more inclined to reconsider my picks for the group Mount Rushmore and add the Carter Family there. I still have the Ken Burns series on my DVR and reserve the right to revise and extend my comments after I re-watch it.

Dolly
Reba
Loretta Lynn
EmmyLou Harris

Also rans:
Shania Twain is Canadian and thus not eligible
Patsy Cline had too short a career (Roberto Clemente doesn't make Rushmore for same reason)
The Judds lose points because they are not a solo act
Tanya Tucker, because she lacks happy bangers

Yep. Patsy was Loretta's inspiration so that gives her the edge for me. Maybelle deserves consideration but I'm more inclined to reconsider my picks for the group Mount Rushmore and add the Carter Family there. I still have the Ken Burns series on my DVR and reserve the right to revise and extend my comments after I re-watch it.

Fair point. And the Ken Burns series was excellent!

Back