• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Clemson vs. Wake Game Thread - 7:49 on ABC

I’ll tell you what do not ever question the Johnny Try Hard smallish white QB who plays for Wake.

The 99 lb weaklings on this board will defend.

And shit I didn’t even say anything negative about him

Do you really think QB is our biggest problem right now? We’d be in the exact same spot with Newman. Missing Surratt enormously right now.

Clemson is just so good everywhere. We can't afford any mistakes - which of course we're gonna make. Good night for GT, though. Fuck off, Seminoles ...

I would be much more upset if we looked completely inept but I’m excited by the fraction that Sam looks talented and we aren’t being completely physically outmatched.
Moreso awful refereeing, gutless playcalling and an inability to catch walk in TDs.

Also, Sage, you sure you don’t wanna ball this fall?

I know everyone gives Sage a pass on this board but I guess he had more to lose than clemsons two heisman candidates and host of nfl draft picks. Not having sage is killing us. Along with gutless decisions.

A.T. Perry must look entirely different in practice. Dave has been singing his praises and he has dropped two big passes.

Do you really think QB is our biggest problem right now? We’d be in the exact same spot with Newman. Missing Surratt enormously right now.

Maybe we'd have 7 points? Maybe Clawson would have grown a dick and gone for one of those 4th and shorts?

IDK man but the Clawson RPO without a short yardage running threat at QB is miserable to watch

Well, that is good news. Hate FSU!

QB is not the problem and yes Jamie was better last year for a lot of reasons. Sam will be something special, if he stays healthy, as well!

I love Clawson and am happy he’s our coach. With that said, my only complaint with him has always been that’s he’s way too conservative. Always has been and seems he always will be. If he won’t adjust in a game like this...no reason to ever expect anything different. Fuck it. Go Deacs. Think we make it reasonable in the 2nd half.

Oh ok well who gives a shit. Sam is our QB now and everyone likes him so why did you start this
Because Bills constant comments on Wolford type qbs we normally have and him saying bet everyone is missing what Jamie brought to the table now when none of what’s happening is on Sam.

Sage was a great weapon. But no hard feelings - hopefully his decision pans out.

Wake can't afford that many mistakes by the zebras either. And they missed a ton of calls in the first half. It's like playing Duke in basketball. It's not the bad calls. It's the tons of non calls/missed calls.

Easily could have scored on the no call PI. And poor AT Perry dropped a sure TD. 27-14 doesn't feel quite so bad. And that doesn't count the awful fourth down decisions. We aren't getting any breaks. And aren't playing to win. So we're getting crushed

Glad to see we're closing the gap against Clemson. Poor Wake.

Get em next week, guys.

Has Walker had a carry? Why am I asking this question? 5.9 ypc last year and I'm asking this question?

This group in particular could have used at least one tune up game. People in new roles all over the offense. Also new secondary on D.

I thought with the old schedule we might win 6 or 7 games. With this schedule we will be lucky to win 5

Because Bills constant comments on Wolford type qbs we normally have and him saying bet everyone is missing what Jamie brought to the table now when none of what’s happening is on Sam.

I’m sober and have read this sentence 5 times now and still am having difficulty comprehending it.

That AT Perry “drop” was ghastly. Can’t remember a more well placed ball just going right through a WR’s hands.

Not to go full RJ on you..... but this all started from me saying that we're going to struggle this season because Jamie can't bail us out.

I didn't think that was too far fetched of a comment. There's a reason he'll get drafted (maybe not until the late rounds now after sitting out) next Spring.

Any bets on first series of second half?
I'll go with: Delayed draw. Incomplete pass. Run up middle. Punt

Back