• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Clemson vs. Wake Game Thread - 7:49 on ABC

People that say we're better off with Sam over Jamie, that's why we're not. I love Sam and I think given ample opportunity (not running for his life) can do great things for us. However, there's a reason why teams like Clemson don't recruit the best 6 foot, 200lb QB's, they recruit the best 6'3"+, 220lb+ QB's. That's what Jamie gave us, what we haven't had before and that's where we miss him, especially behind an unproven O-line.

That said, I do think we've got a good group of QB's even if they're on the small side.
Griffis listed as 5'11"

Woody Dantzler was a really good smaller QB they had in the not too distant past.

Almost 20 years ago. I think he was in one of Tommy Bowden’s first classes.

also looks like Dantzler got his first start as a freshman the week after Tommy West lost to WF for the last time

when Clemson loses to WF in football, things generally change in Clemson

MTOW is always my favorite series of posts every season Sorry about your loss. Amazing how animals can become family.

Great stuff. Thanks. Your estimate on how many of the dreaded "slow mesh RPOs" we truly had in this game? Don't remember nearly as many even with lots of other action in the backfield.

Ya know, Cam pointed that out to me and I tried to keep note of it through the re-watch, just never put it into writing.

There weren't many, maybe none when it was Hartman and the first-team offense. I don't know that I'd read too much into that yet, as I think the past two years showed that play is never going to work as long as Clemson has future pros at DT and with as much as Venables loves A-gap pressure.

If we don't much or any of it against N.C. State, though, I'd say it's something Ruggiero and Clawson have changed.

Are you going to Raleigh?

Are you going to Raleigh?

That's the plan. I've had a cough for 2-3 weeks and I'm 95% sure it's seasonal allergies, but I took a CVS drive-thru test yesterday. If that comes back positive for COVID, can't imagine I'll be in a press box until Campbell.

That's the plan. I've had a cough for 2-3 weeks and I'm 95% sure it's seasonal allergies, but I took a CVS drive-thru test yesterday. If that comes back positive for COVID, can't imagine I'll be in a press box until Campbell.

My CVS turnaround was only 32 hrs from Labor Day Sat to Sunday night so hopefully you get your good news soon. Get well, we need you!
Kern's slant pass off the RPO was the only obvious one I remember so glad I wasn't dreaming.

I had to do that too a few weeks ago. I'm sure mine were allergies as well, but went through the CVS drive-thru too. Mine came back in 2 days and was negatory.

Back