• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Now Official Wake Forest v. NC State Game Thread

Didn’t realize we were going for 4 in a row against State. That would be fun.

Yep.
2017 was a night game, late in the season, State was ranked. It was a close game- State fumbled the potential winning TD at the goal line.
2018 was a Thursday night game in Raleigh. Jamie Newman led a 4th quarter comeback against another ranked State team.
2019 was a noon game. We were in control from the very beginning. They had no chance against us that day.

That was the Strnad forced fumble at the goal line right? Exhilarating game. Obviously remember the Newman coming out party. Pumped for tomorrow night!

That was the Strnad forced fumble at the goal line right? Exhilarating game. Obviously remember the Newman coming out party. Pumped for tomorrow night!

I didn't think it was Strnad that forced the fumble. I think it was Kemp that forced it.

the 2018 game was fun because it was going up against Panthers-Steelers at the same time. The Panthers had looked pretty good so far whereas Wake looked like they might be done with Hartman out. Figured I'd focus more on the Panthers game and switch to Wake at commercials and stuff but the Panthers got absolutely destroyed almost out of the gate so I switched over to Wake fairly quickly, which also seemed like a lost cause but I'm glad I stuck it out.

It would tie the record set in the '51 - '54 seasons when my father attended...

the 2018 game was fun because it was going up against Panthers-Steelers at the same time. The Panthers had looked pretty good so far whereas Wake looked like they might be done with Hartman out. Figured I'd focus more on the Panthers game and switch to Wake at commercials and stuff but the Panthers got absolutely destroyed almost out of the gate so I switched over to Wake fairly quickly, which also seemed like a lost cause but I'm glad I stuck it out.

That was the game that ruined Cam, right?

That was the game that ruined Cam, right?

believe so. Panthers came into the game at 6-2 but this was the start of a 7 game losing streak. Panthers didn't win again until the final game of the year vs the Saints when it was backups vs backups and the legend of Kyle Allen was born.

It’s college football.

Stop the run. Tackle much better.

The only thing State does well is run the ball, so that’s the ballgame.

I like our chances - weren’t that bad last week and we shook the rust off. Not too worried about state exploiting our DBs

I like our chances - weren’t that bad last week and we shook the rust off. Not too worried about state exploiting our DBs

You know, I don't know how to feel about last week. If Clemson is as good as they're supposed to be, in some ways we really weren't bad last week, especially with our situation in the 2ndary. If thought we went against Clemson backups for most of the 2nd half, if you're competitive against those guys, you're probably a decent team. Should know a lot more after tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see how much we improve from week 1 and to see what State looks like as well. It's a game we really need to have a chance at a decent season with our brutal schedule.

Given what State has been going through and that this is their first game, I’d be disappointed if we don’t get up on them early and win comfortably. 37-17 Deacs.

Wake was missing a bunch of guys in the defensive secondary and on the D-line. Clawson has said he has 10 "playable" D-line guys. How many were actually available against Clemson? How many will be available against State? An available full (or nearly full) contingent would go a long way to stopping the NCState run game.

Complete disrespect on Gameday just now. Talked State up, how they’re going to get back to Dave Dorian football and “all Wake has going for them is at least they’ve played a game, but it didn’t go well.” Really talking BC up too.

Complete disrespect on Gameday just now. Talked State up, how they’re going to get back to Dave Dorian football and “all Wake has going for them is at least they’ve played a game, but it didn’t go well.” Really talking BC up too.

I think with the collapse of the 2nd half of last year, a bowl loss and a shaky start against Clemson I not sure how much respect we really deserve. Win a couple (including ND) and then they can't ignore Wake.

Back