• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Now Official Wake Forest v. NC State Game Thread

Deacs now -2.5. Huge line move since opening +4. Wonder if the Pack have COVID issues

Wake now favored by 2.
What’s changed in the last couple of days?
Any news about who may be out on either team?

Complete disrespect on Gameday just now. Talked State up, how they’re going to get back to Dave Dorian football and “all Wake has going for them is at least they’ve played a game, but it didn’t go well.” Really talking BC up too.

They all saw us play in prime time.

We allowed Lawrence to walk into the end zone twice, unabated. Like we had never seen a play like that.

Our replacement safety allowed a Clemson WR to run past him wide open for the dropped TD. As in he looked at the WR and was like...nah...I’m not going to pay any attention to that guy...I’m going over here.

Our pitiful not going for it on 4th and 1 resulted in a high school line drive, maybe blocked kick.

We did not have record setting Newman or Surratt and other than Greene did not put any pressure on Clemson’s defense.

Our running back played like a backup.

We looked pretty average to damn conserva-boring, and a credit to the kids and the coaches to fight in the fourth quarter and get that TD. I was impressed by Kern and Morin, showing what I hope to see all game.

Get all the guys back today and tighten shit up a lot and then we gain some respect with a road win.

Would love to keep beating State. They have nothing else to look forward to in Raleigh, and beating them is hysterical.

No depth chart that I can find here, Wake or Les??
I know it doesn't matter until Covid testing and tracing results were in this AM but still expected to see one.

Duke making lots of mistakes. 2 TOs inside 20. BC has a good coach.

Saw an Elrod female reporter on ACC Network today. Any relation to our Elrod?

Last edited:
My take is Vegas got this really wrong and the public surprised them.

This. Nothing adds up to a State win much less giving points.

They all saw us play in prime time.

We allowed Lawrence to walk into the end zone twice, unabated. Like we had never seen a play like that.

Our replacement safety allowed a Clemson WR to run past him wide open for the dropped TD. As in he looked at the WR and was like...nah...I’m not going to pay any attention to that guy...I’m going over here.

Our pitiful not going for it on 4th and 1 resulted in a high school line drive, maybe blocked kick.

We did not have record setting Newman or Surratt and other than Greene did not put any pressure on Clemson’s defense.

Our running back played like a backup.

We looked pretty average to damn conserva-boring, and a credit to the kids and the coaches to fight in the fourth quarter and get that TD. I was impressed by Kern and Morin, showing what I hope to see all game.

Get all the guys back today and tighten shit up a lot and then we gain some respect with a road win.

Would love to keep beating State. They have nothing else to look forward to in Raleigh, and beating them is hysterical.

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play? :)

So glad more parents on both sides get to be there tonight and especially next week to enjoy their son's game experience.

Wake now favored by 2.
What’s changed in the last couple of days?
Any news about who may be out on either team?[/QUOTE

The line probably changed because big-time bettor Billy Walters is out of jail on COVID release.

Bailey Hockman starting at QB instead of Leary for State.

Hockman is a lefty. Junior with more experience.

IIRC, didn't Sptate have like 10-11 starters out vs us last year?

Back