• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Now Official Wake Forest v. NC State Game Thread

Hartman is holding the ball too long.

Not a good effort. D looks lost. Linebackers sucked.

Zero imagination on O.

dog shit defense. absolute shit performance. we made a bad offense look unstoppable. Fuck Fuck Fuck

Defense, defensive coaches, and punter should have to Uber it back to W-S.

Well at least i can say that the program has improved to the point that I'm embarrassed to lose to State

Anyone else notice the announcers totally missing first downs multiple times tonight?

So and so is stopped, bottled up, etc...while making a first down...?

Oh well, they weren’t the worst performers tonight.

State still sucks. Our defense just made them look good.

Well we can add this to the list. Another loss to a non starting quarterback who produces 500 yds of offense...l

Last edited:
Well, no reason to watch the rest of the games. So we have that going for us. Maybe ND will start their third team players just to give them some playing time. That way we might lose by six touchdowns rather than 12.

Spotted them 14 to start and never really showed much urgency at any point. I can’t recall a team looking that flat.

State still sucks. Our defense just made them look good.

Our defense would make pop warner offenses look good.

Can’t blame this one on Jay Sawvel. Hemphill and his defense’s ineptitude are directly on Clawson.

Clawson will say we fought hard--lie. He will not say our defense was terrible. Bad preparation, bad schemes bad effort. He will not say that the offensive line is terrible-- that the play calling was terrible. With the pressure they were putting on Sam needed quick passes not long passes. He will not say the effort at the start of the game and start of the 2nd half was nonexistent. Team was not prepared and showed little desire to win. This one is squarely on the coaches. Out coached, out prepared, out schemed by the Wolfpack. Very embarrassing. Feel like Clawson has strung us along. Either has been lying or my goodness these coaches have to clue about their players. Going to be a Long year

Still like Hartman, but when his first read is off, things turn to shit pretty quick. Holds on to the hall too long and doesn’t sense pressure well at all. Think Newman wins the game there, despite garbage OL play. Did Sam have more than 60 yards passing in the second half against a trash State secondary?

Dave's WF teams have always started slow so our record was going to suck with this schedule. This season is a write-off anyway. Plus this is one of State's biggest games.

No one ever expected Wake to have a winning season this year but very impressive play and heart from the team despite their underwhelming defensive play and poor coaching.

Back