• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Now Official Wake Forest v. NC State Game Thread

wakelaw13

Reaction score
I started this unofficial topic so we can discuss starting the official game thread.

Last edited:
I always value the games against the NC schools above the rest. As someone else said, the whole ACC behind Clemson is basically a tossup so let’s get a win under our belts.

I hope we unofficially thrash them. Hate State.

Worth noting that this is State’s first game so assume we’ll have a bit of an advantage seeing some live action. Despite the lopsided score it didn’t feel like Clemson beat us up too much (unless we hear bad news on Hartman).

Worth noting that this is State’s first game so assume we’ll have a bit of an advantage seeing some live action. Despite the lopsided score it didn’t feel like Clemson beat us up too much (unless we hear bad news on Hartman).

Kern did impress me a good bit in the Clemson game.

That being said, I hope we destroy the Wuffies. The only good thing about the Wuffies was OTF (may he rest in peace).

I am more optimistic about this game than I have been in years (maybe ever) so I'm sure we'll lose.

I am more optimistic about this game than I have been in years (maybe ever) so I'm sure we'll lose.

Same. I just don't see how we lose this game. Better coach, better QB, better overall defense. So naturally, we will lose by 14 and commit 5 turnovers.

Donovan Greene breakout game -- 2 tds, Defense plays w hair on fire -- two Boogie sacks and pick 6 by Greer.

Final.. Wake 34 v. Pack 17

Conor getting laid off is some grade A bullshit

Wuffies offense sucked last year but they weren't afraid to try to a decent amount of trick plays (specifically WR double passes). Hope our secondary isn't near as lost as week 1.

Louis Acceus, one of the Pack's starting linebackers, is out for the season.

I didn't realize how many DBs we were missing against Clemson, but read that Clawson has already confirmed we're getting a bunch of them back for State. I think we're going to be much stronger on that side of the ball, against a much weaker offense without a good quarterback. I don't know why we are getting points. State is very average, and I think we have the advantage on offense and defense.

I don’t really understand the State situation either. They were bad last year and I think Leary is at best average at QB. There aren’t fans so HFA is mitigated plus state hasn’t played a game yet. I think there’s some value in taking Wake ML. I think our offense is underrated

While the COVID situation changes on a day to day basis, sounds like WF is getting a ton of players back (IIRC 8) this week who were held out last week because of contract tracing.

The Vegas perception of WF football is skewed because:

a) Newman transferred (not realizing that Hartman has actually has taken more snaps heading into this season than Newman)
b) Surratt opted out (not realizing that WF is reasonably deep with young talent at WR)
c) WF lost a lot of "starters" (not realizing that WF rotated a ton of guys who technically are not starters, but played a significant number of snaps last year)
d) WF sputtered at the end of last season

Naturally, if WF turns it over and gives up big plays, State will beat WF, but as a general proposition, those that set the lines and who have a limited knowledge of the WF roster underrated the talent level on this team.

State averaged 3.8 yards per rush last season in conference which placed them in the upper half of the league and they return 4 OL starters.

Part of the reason their scoring offense was DFL in the conference last year is due to falling behind in games thanks to a bad defense and being forced to throw the ball with an inexperienced QB.

That combined with having no film on their new offense, our d-line being nonexistent last week, and the communication/personnel issues with our secondary has me queasy over this one.

I see a tight game somewhere in the neighborhood of 28-24.

I didn't realize how many DBs we were missing against Clemson, but read that Clawson has already confirmed we're getting a bunch of them back for State. I think we're going to be much stronger on that side of the ball, against a much weaker offense without a good quarterback. I don't know why we are getting points. State is very average, and I think we have the advantage on offense and defense.

Looks like we are still missing Rucker who was a bright spot as a true freshman last year. Covid related or injury?

State averaged 3.8 yards per rush last season in conference which placed them in the upper half of the league and they return 4 OL starters.

Part of the reason their scoring offense was DFL in the conference last year is due to falling behind in games thanks to a bad defense and being forced to throw the ball with an inexperienced QB.

That combined with having no film on their new offense, our d-line being nonexistent last week, and the communication/personnel issues with our secondary has me queasy over this one.

I see a tight game somewhere in the neighborhood of 28-24.

I personally think having a game under our belt compared to them makes a hugeeeee difference

Back