• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's been a pleasure

damn, my dude

thanks for hanging around and being so generous with your insight

best of luck with whatever is next

Yeah we’d love for you to stick around and keep chatting about Wake sports with us.

ONE OF US!

Huge bummer. The timing is especially weird, given football has started and basketball is rapidly approaching.

Best of luck to you. As others have said, you'll land on your feet and I'd expect it'll end up being in a better situation for you when all is said and done.

Thanks for everything. Your work was always appreciated.

Definitely sucks. I really enjoyed the game film reviews and your insight on this board. I assume this means no one is covering Wake full-time at the Journal now? If so, I guess we'll be lucky to get a fluff piece once a week or so.

+1

You've done a great job Conor. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

As an O's fan and the Deacs beat writer, Conor was perfect.

You did a phenomenal job covering all things Deac related. You will be sorely missed and the Journal has obviously made a huge mistake. Onward to bigger and better things for you.

Horrible news for the Wake Forest community, you were killing it man. I really hope that this didn’t have to do with you taking a stand for the players and their support of BLM. You’re going to do well wherever you end up and you can bet your ass I’ll be keeping up with you in the future.

I would be willing to bet the blue hairs complained that Conor cares about black people and it was all the ammo they needed to cut ties.

Whatever the reasons may be, please hang around the Boards, Conor. You've been great for us and we appreciate all of your work.

What a double whammy - losing your dog and your job in short order. So sorry on both counts. I agree that The Athletic would be a good home for you. Best to the Best.

Feels more than coincidental that this happened after the mention in the MTOW film review about fans needing to move on if the can’t respect the pro-black lives movement among the team. I hope for your sake you are looking into whether this is the cause for your dismissal.

Your work has been fantastic and detailed, and the Journal is dumb to let you go. I’ll be writing to the editor.

This is fucking bullshit.

Where I'm at.

Thanks for your work, Conor.

I really hope your support of the players and Wake as it relates to the BLM organization did not factor into this thinking, but I applauded you for taking a stand - for writing that article last week (or two weeks ago) on the experiences and opinions of some of our black players. And I applaud you again. I am sure the paper received some feedback, judging by what I have seen over the discussion over the helmet decals and rear plate. I hope this wasn't a factor.

You'll land on your feet. Your work has been too fantastic not to (never end a sentence in 'to' btw;-).

Feels more than coincidental that this happened after the mention in the MTOW film review about fans needing to move on if the can’t respect the pro-black lives movement among the team.

Also curious about this. The timing makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

A worthy OGB campaign. Any email address for where to send my fuck you rant this is why local papers are dying.

This is terrible news, and I wish you all the best. Selfishly, I hope it's The Athletic as we need more Wake coverage there.

Just saw on Twitter Ed Hardin was let go, too.

His name is Robert Paulsen.

You've been awesome, Conor. Thanks for being a part of the community. The post-game video analysis was such an awesome addition to the Wake coverage. Hopefully the Journal is at least taking care of you with a decent severance. If your emotions allow it, sounds like this is the perfect time to adopt another rescue dog in need.

Thank you for all your hard work covering the Deacons and I'm really sorry about this Connor. But as others have mentioned, you have built quite a reputation for yourself and people have noticed. I'm also bummed about the decline of newspapers in America- I know times change, but damn. Having less real information out there for the public to consume is not a good thing for our country and just opens up pockets for fringe information and outright lies to fill the void.

Conor, thanks for all the great work and for spending so much time with us here and on Twitter.

I read that there are now only two full time sports reporters in all of NC employed by our newspapers. That's wild.

Dude, I hadn't even thought of the BLM support angle, but Jesus I hope there's no correlation there.

Echo all the other posts. Great insight, great coverage, and this is fucking bullshit.

That's terrible to hear. You've been an excellent beat reporter.

The only future for most newspapers these days is in hyper local news. If the WSJ is abandoning that, they might as well just fold the paper.

Man, that is bad news. Appreciate all your hard work and am sure you will land a good spot in the near future.

Back