• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out the NC pastor who peed on the woman on an airplane is Daniel Chalmers from Catch the Fire Raleigh-Durham, which is a charismatic church that does healing and stuff. BAC was 17.5 and also took prescription medicine.

Was hoping for some Charlotte schadenfreude for Steven Furtick, Franklin Graham, or Mark Harris.

.175 and popping pills? I can't think of a quicker way to find god.

So if he was having a conversation with Kanye he could use the word Kanye wouldn’t care. Cool.

It was more interesting (to me) that when I googled "Kanye West" and "retarded" there were a ton of results. A satirical article from 2009 asking it Kayne West was actually retarded, a time in 2012 when Chris Cornell said Kanye was retarded at a concert, a time when Kim Kardashian called people retarded for not knowing what her halloween costume was, lyrics from a Kanye song (one of my favs, actually).

Also, I never felt like "retarded" was a terrible word. I know it is bad to call someone a "retard"... But the word retarded is used all the time in my work place in the context of hampered growth or progress. Obviously context is everything and Knight was being uncouth, but that's kind of par for the course.

Turns out the NC pastor who peed on the woman on an airplane is Daniel Chalmers from Catch the Fire Raleigh-Durham, which is a charismatic church that does healing and stuff. BAC was 17.5 and also took prescription medicine.

Was hoping for some Charlotte schadenfreude for Steven Furtick, Franklin Graham, or Mark Harris.

that's an impressive BAC

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

It was more interesting (to me) that when I googled "Kanye West" and "retarded" there were a ton of results. A satirical article from 2009 asking it Kayne West was actually retarded, a time in 2012 when Chris Cornell said Kanye was retarded at a concert, a time when Kim Kardashian called people retarded for not knowing what her halloween costume was, lyrics from a Kanye song (one of my favs, actually).

Also, I never felt like "retarded" was a terrible word. I know it is bad to call someone a "retard"... But the word retarded is used all the time in my work place in the context of hampered growth or progress. Obviously context is everything and Knight was being uncouth, but that's kind of par for the course.

As the first part of Knight's argument goes -- words aren't static things.

Also I forgot that I'm suppose to meet with a student and our EC coordinator in a breakout room - hopefully she doesn't show up until after I win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back