• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some issues to work through this morning in the faculty bathroom, and the math teacher next door to that location is fucking late. All his students are congregated right by the bathroom door and the preventative acoustics are not ideal. Cold sweat on my forehead right now. Pray for me, chat thread.

Possible for me to trademark "Talkin' Insects"?

Or maybe I can call it, "Talkin' Fruit (flies)"

Being an adult is so much work sometimes. Last week we spent a whole day pressure washing our fence which we now need to stain. Then this week the lawn people came to aerate and seed our lawn so we can grow a really elite lawn. It just never ends.

LOL. Being an adult means worrying about how good a job your staff does at making your yard look like a Southern Living spread.

Note that I am mocking myself here. I get annoyed with my yard crew for leaving tracks on the driveway that I paid my 14 y/o to pressure wash.

There’s little in life I find more cathartic than pressure washing.

A bidet is basically a pressure washer for your butthole. (attn Knight)

I basically abhor traveling due to how much mosquitos go for me. Only time I've left the country in the past 20 years was Aruba about a month after a hurricane came through and left stagnant water which bred mosquitos. My legs were easily double their normal size after 150 mosquito bites the first night. That overreaction has me worried in regards to covid.

that's horrible luck because hurricanes hitting aruba are extremely rare

You city mice and your yard services and 14 year old pressure washers.

LOL. Being an adult means worrying about how good a job your staff does at making your yard look like a Southern Living spread.

Lol good point. First world problems everywhere.

A bidet is basically a pressure washer for your butthole. (attn Knight)

Man, I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a bidet for about six months now. Just gotta find time to install. I think it'll be my next project after the climbing wall.

Today's batshit crazy journal entry. Prompt-"What is your biggest fear"

Response "I am most scared of alligators because for my 11th birthday my dad rented an alligator and it ate my shoe. My dad thought it would be cool to rent an alligator and I was jumping on the trampoline and I took my shoes and threw them and one landed in the tank. It ate my shoe and then we found out a few days later that it died of constipation and my dad had to pay a expensive fee. Afterwards I did some research and I found out that you have to run in a zig-zag pattern to get away from them if they are chasing you. I can't even go to the zoo because I'm so scared of alligators."

As I have already mentioned frequently, I love my fucking job.

man, the only recurring nightmare I've ever had in my life was as a kid that I would fall into the alligator pit at the local zoo and get chased and eaten

man, the only recurring nightmare I've ever had in my life was as a kid that I would fall into the alligator pit at the local zoo and get chased and eaten

i had a similar recurring one with alligators, but i was usually swimming in a murky pond that was very shallow, but still had hidden alligators in it that would attack me

i am like 99% sure it was because of some episode of rescue 911

probably this one

I love that the response to that story is "I had bad dreams about alligators" rather than "why the fuck did her father rent an alligator", "why the fuck did the alligator eat her shoe", and "Holy shit, that fucking alligator died of constipation"

Y'all are really scared of alligators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back