• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Randy is amazing. They’ve gotten far more mileage out of Tegridy that I thought they would.

I think I’d rather see South Park adopt this format from now on. Right now they put out episodes every week on a feverish schedule and sometimes miss a week just to do a traditional season. I’d rather see them put out episodes of any length whenever they want based on whatever is happening at the time. The show is next level when it tackles current events.

Yeah 100%...An hour long, once a month special, summarizing the months current events would be the way to go. 12, 1 hour episodes a year

The evolution of Randy's character has absolutely elevated the show to new heights. The kids are great and all but Randy has that relatability factor...Like, who hasn't fucked a Pangolin, amirite?

People have theorized that there is similarity with Randy's rise and Homer's rise in the simpsons. Like south park, the kids were the initial focus (Bart). However, to really engage in a broader swath of storytelling, they shifted focus to Homer/Randy.

I think it's interesting.

Yeah. You could kind of say the same about Family Guy. Obviously it’s a Peter centric show from the name but it seems like early eps had much more Stewie focus.

Rank the drunk cartoon dads from a pure entertainment standpoint... Randy Marsh, Hank Hill, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin...

I'd go:
1- Randy
2- Hank
3- Peter
4- Homer

I loved the first few seasons of the Simpsons but kind of got out of it. Homer is great, but didn't really evolve with the times IMO. Randy is your everyday "man's man" who has kept up with the times. Peter is funny but doesn't get me the way Randy and Hank do. Hank isn't "in your face funny", which I like. He's just Hank and it makes sense.

Rank the drunk cartoon dads from a pure entertainment standpoint... Randy Marsh, Hank Hill, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin...

I'd go:
1- Randy
2- Hank
3- Peter
4- Homer

I loved the first few seasons of the Simpsons but kind of got out of it. Homer is great, but didn't really evolve with the times IMO. Randy is your everyday "man's man" who has kept up with the times. Peter is funny but doesn't get me the way Randy and Hank do. Hank isn't "in your face funny", which I like. He's just Hank and it makes sense.

Hank and Randy are 1a/1b

Homer 2

Peter and the show in general not particularly funny

Bobby is the star of King of the Hill but Hank is a terrific character. The secondary characters on Simpsons make the show. Randy is all that is good about South Park. A perfect tv character.

giphy.gif

so i was just on a call with a gay guy and I made a comment about an issue "queering" someone on a deal. a) is that term still allowed and b) yes i know i'm getting a call from HR

Yeah family guy ran it's course after a couple seasons.

Southpark ruined Family Guy for me when it pointed out that 99% of the humor is non-sequitur based. It completely tainted the show, because every time (all the time) a non-sequitur came up in Family Guy, I started thinking about how lazy the writing is.

Bobby is the star of King of the Hill but Hank is a terrific character. The secondary characters on Simpsons make the show. Randy is all that is good about South Park. A perfect tv character.

I've really come around on Peggy in my rewatch of that series. I used to find her absolutely insufferable, but I can get through the Peggy-centric episodes without issue now.

Also, Dale Gribble may be my favorite character in the history of television.

I've really come around on Peggy in my rewatch of that series. I used to find her absolutely insufferable, but I can get through the Peggy-centric episodes without issue now.

Also, Dale Gribble may be my favorite character in the history of television.

I feel like he's the original version of the "you had me in the first half..." meme. Like, a lot of times, his original premise is sound, but then it's just straight off the rails.

so i was just on a call with a gay guy and I made a comment about an issue "queering" someone on a deal. a) is that term still allowed and b) yes i know i'm getting a call from HR

need more context, tbh.

go academic. quote sedgwick in your defense. say you meant that the issue laid seemingly forced binaries bare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back