• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
feel like a 7 minute limit on the how many posters can you name challenge is good

guys, there's a BMW parked outside my office with a giant FakeTaxi brand sticker on the side. Basically this but a 5 Series:

12746055.jpg

Introducing my children to Gangnam Style has been the biggest mistake of my adult life.

Lol. You fucked. They won’t know that there’s no English for like 10 years. All they’ll here is the beat. Also, I’m fucked, because I just watched the vid more than once and I don’t think I’ve seen it for the last time.

Bro, how are you just know registering the homoeroticism of this entire argument?

Man, I go traveling for a fucking day and all the sudden the chat thread hits it's homo stride. How you guys not gonna text me to get in on the gay orgy?

Oh shit I forgot palma too - damn I really opened myself up there by naming posters.

In other news I'm slowly becoming a Zoom Zombie. 5-6 hours day on this thing teaching school and I feel like my eyes and brain are going to melt.

Oh shit I forgot palma too - damn I really opened myself up there by naming posters.

In other news I'm slowly becoming a Zoom Zombie. 5-6 hours day on this thing teaching school and I feel like my eyes and brain are going to melt.

I go home so much more exhausted on the remote days than on the actual teaching days. It's crazy how tired sitting all day and staring at the computer will make you.

my wife teaches at a treatment facility for teenage girls, and their program is fully year-round so she doesn't get a summer break. she taught virtually by Zoom for the first few months (even though all students were still at school) and hated it. now she's been back in the classroom daily since like July and is so relieved to be doing it that way.

with Covid, all I play now are country club sports

My FIL is a massive golfer (he's gotten into aggressively the last few years as he's semi-retired) and he's trying so hard to get me into it this year. I've played with him twice around here with my BIL and then went up to this place in Virginia for an afternoon/night to play a round on his 60th birthday golf retreat which featured several local golf pros. Then he shows up last weekend with a set of used clubs he bought for me (I had been using their spare set which are technically ladies clubs).

I'm fucking terrible and never played more than Par 3 with friends until now and still enjoying the boozing and golf cart driving more than the actual game. But I don't think I have a choice anymore. And I know that's he going to be teaching my son to play the moment's he's old enough to hold a club. Which is fine by me. I just can't play more than like 12 holes without losing interest.

I started playing the city park district courses with a buddy after not playing a round in like 15 years and I'm into it way more than I expected

also, tennis is just a great game

If you can get your wife into it and bring the kids later on, golf can be fun as hell. We mostly play redneck, cow pasture tracks, but it’s turned into one of our favorite family outings over the Covid times.

I started playing the city park district courses with a buddy after not playing a round in like 15 years and I'm into it way more than I expected

also, tennis is just a great game

How’s your tennis game juice? I played at a 5.0 level at my peak but many years of selling my soul to the man has taken a big toll on my fitness. Had planned to join a tennis and swim spot close to me this year and really recommit to it but obviously the year has not quite been what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back