• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's not a bit of bird shit in that room....looks like FAKE NEWS

Are peoples neighborhoods doing Halloween this year? Its the ultimate neighborhood battle right now if trick or treating should take place during a pandemic. Some parents act like no Halloween is more detrimental to their child's development than online learning.

Are peoples neighborhoods doing Halloween this year? Its the ultimate neighborhood battle right now if trick or treating should take place during a pandemic. Some parents act like no Halloween is more detrimental to their child's development than online learning.

Our neighborhood party is cancelled. People are free to do what they see fit.

I think we will likely put a bowl of stuff out front and sit in the driveway and monitor people.

i don't know what our borough is doing; i know my wife is trying to organize a sort of pod-o-ween for the families in our pod in our backyard

Chat Thread: #HatchOUT finally worked, guys

Ugh mom went into hospital this morning. Has pneumonia. Waiting on Covid test. Goddammit.

Damn, hope she didn’t get it. My grandma with Alzheimers in the nursing home just tested positive, but not showing symptoms

Tested negative but still this pneumonia has her all fucked up. She’s delirious and hysterical and hostile. It’s like talking to a new person. Shit has me all fucked up.

If she’s delirious and confused make sure they test her for a UTI too. It can present as altered mental status in older people.

Morning check-in. I feel fine, minus a little sinus pressure and loss of taste and smell. Did a 5 mile run this morning with no noticeable change in wind or time. Kids don't seem to be affected at all. My wife,, however, has a fever, severe congestion, and seems to have the Covid confusion pretty severely. She had to call me in to turn on the tv and find Netflix on our Roku which we have had for about 4 years now. She hasn't made it out of bed yet today, and I don't expect her to for the next day or so. This is a weird virus.

Nobody's really said this but I know a lot of people are thinking it: Do you think people are catching COVID through the internet ? It may be possible that guitardeac gave it to Creamy and Creamy gave it to mako. I'm not a doctor, but there seems to be a trend.

Somehow missed the news that our superintendent resigned last night to take the same job in the much smaller Danville VA school district.

Pretty weak shit if you ask me, she only started last fall.

Somehow missed the news that our superintendent resigned last night to take the same job in the much smaller Danville VA school district.

Pretty weak shit if you ask me, she only started last fall.

Yeah, seems like a weird move by an egomaniac, which is a requirement for a superintendent job. At least maybe she realized she was in over her head.

I think the attractiveness of Superintendent jobs is highly dependent on the school board and city government.

Nikolai Vitti (Wake alum) ran the Duval County Public School system in Jacksonville and left for Detroit.

The School Board treated him like shit throughout his tenure when he tried to make sweeping changes.

Morning check-in. I feel fine, minus a little sinus pressure and loss of taste and smell. Did a 5 mile run this morning with no noticeable change in wind or time. Kids don't seem to be affected at all. My wife,, however, has a fever, severe congestion, and seems to have the Covid confusion pretty severely. She had to call me in to turn on the tv and find Netflix on our Roku which we have had for about 4 years now. She hasn't made it out of bed yet today, and I don't expect her to for the next day or so. This is a weird virus.

God damn. God speed, brother.

And the salary. Superintendent jobs are always opening up and some smaller districts may pay more than larger districts.

Well our superintendent conducted a massive restructuring of the district: eliminating dozens of instructional coaching and testing positions and moved principals all over the place... then left

Definitely a massive bullshit move. It is hard to respect someone who does that. It is also a bad example for our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back