• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very good, probably 4.0, maybe 4.5.

I don't play enough to get better because I only play part of the year.

It's very expensive to play year round here.

I've been meaning for years to get back into tennis. Played it a ton growing up. Was really itching to play a few years ago but then dislocated my shoulder and sort of dropped it since then. I think I want to get my son into it when he's old enough, and I look forward to hitting balls with him at a local court.

If you can get your wife into it and bring the kids later on, golf can be fun as hell. We mostly play redneck, cow pasture tracks, but it’s turned into one of our favorite family outings over the Covid times.

I wish I had more of these around me. The public courses around here are always packed, so I can't just sneak out for a quick nine.

I can see more tennis in my future as my 4 & 6 year old daughters like it. I'm gonna be Richard Williams.

I'm not very good, probably 4.0, maybe 4.5.

I don't play enough to get better because I only play part of the year.

It's very expensive to play year round here.

Ah yeah didn’t think about that. My issue is that I don’t have a lot of people to hit with here. That’s the primary reason I was hoping to join somewhere here so I could get plugged in to some better players. Hopefully next year.

Oh shit I forgot palma too - damn I really opened myself up there by naming posters.

In other news I'm slowly becoming a Zoom Zombie. 5-6 hours day on this thing teaching school and I feel like my eyes and brain are going to melt.

I go home so much more exhausted on the remote days than on the actual teaching days. It's crazy how tired sitting all day and staring at the computer will make you.

congrats on the job

TENNIS!

for real it is the best. you in the triangle WRS?

I wish I had more of these around me. The public courses around here are always packed, so I can't just sneak out for a quick nine.

I can see more tennis in my future as my 4 & 6 year old daughters like it. I'm gonna be Richard Williams.

There are a lot of pleasant things about living in the sticks. We have a beautiful course on top of a mountain that's reasonably well maintained near us. Never really crowded on weeknights, and you can play, cart included, for 20 bucks M-F.

There are a lot of pleasant things about living in the sticks. We have a beautiful course on top of a mountain that's reasonably well maintained near us. Never really crowded on weeknights, and you can play, cart included, for 20 bucks M-F.

where did you say you live again? Outside Wilkesboro or something?

so on probably windows 95 there was a program where you could type things out and there were these preset voices where it would read them out to you. you could adjust the voice based on male/female, weight, and i'm like 99% sure head size (lol). one of the voices was named ursula. does anyone remember this? i've tried all sorts of google searches and can't seem to find any reference to it.

so on probably windows 95 there was a program where you could type things out and there were these preset voices where it would read them out to you. you could adjust the voice based on male/female, weight, and i'm like 99% sure head size (lol). one of the voices was named ursula. does anyone remember this? i've tried all sorts of google searches and can't seem to find any reference to it.

Pronouncify?

I feel like I remember that but I don't think its directly windows 95, I feel like it was something like Encarta 95

I played a lot of Hover. Also watched a lot of the weezer happy days music video.

it's also a crucial plot point for the cinema classic Blank Check, where he uses a program on his Mac (obvi) to buy the house

Holy shit Encarta that is some kind of throwback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back