• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop culture force feeds sex to children and it bothers me. Maybe I should take it to the unpopular opinions threads.

what is it about WAP that is degrading? or promoting sexual misconduct by men?

posts about degrading women ring hollow on a board with a "hottest women in politics" thread with nary a protest post

I do not think that WAP is degrading to women. Women can do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies.

The moment that I was able to say to myself, "if my daughter becomes a stripper, I hope she gets a lot of high dollar tips," was the day that I realized that it doesn't matter what my daughter does with her life, as long as she fucking works hard at it and is happy and successful.

However, to Creamy and Mako's point, I think there is a strong argument to be made that if we widely publicise men and women showing their genitals - then children are going to emulate that behavior because children are going to fucking emulate whatever is popular.

That's the danger. Maybe it's a balancing test between expression/freedom of speech and what we as a society consider an acceptable level of risk of exposure for children. I'm a lot closer to the child sex crimes part of the equation than the average citizen, so maybe I'm unfairly skewed toward protecting kids. Although, I'd like to think that I'm one of the stronger proponents of free speech on the boards.

I guess my point is that WAP is very much the opposite of degrading to women

you still may find it off-putting in its overt sexuality or that it sets a bad example -- that's fine

but it's not "degrading" the women like, say, Tip Drill or something

Also, I've said my fair share of ridiculous shit on these boards...But this is a message board with adults talking shit and spittin' bull shit. This isn't the real world and children aren't reading these boards.

I do not think that WAP is degrading to women. Women can do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies.

The moment that I was able to say to myself, "if my daughter becomes a stripper, I hope she gets a lot of high dollar tips," was the day that I realized that it doesn't matter what my daughter does with her life, as long as she fucking works hard at it and is happy and successful.

However, to Creamy and Mako's point, I think there is a strong argument to be made that if we widely publicise men and women showing their genitals - then children are going to emulate that behavior because children are going to fucking emulate whatever is popular.

That's the danger. Maybe it's a balancing test between expression/freedom of speech and what we as a society consider an acceptable level of risk of exposure for children. I'm a lot closer to the child sex crimes part of the equation than the average citizen, so maybe I'm unfairly skewed toward protecting kids. Although, I'd like to think that I'm one of the stronger proponents of free speech on the boards.

This.

I guess my point is that WAP is very much the opposite of degrading to women

you still may find it off-putting in its overt sexuality or that it sets a bad example -- that's fine

but it's not "degrading" the women like, say, Tip Drill or something

That's fine. WAP is just the most popular song on earth right now, which is why I used it as an example. I clarified my thoughts on the matter.

I wasn't aware that I made a point, other than the fact that I would've probably had sex with 2000 version D'angelo.

Anyways, sorry to derail the vibes this morning. COVID got me all messed up.

What did everyone have for breakfast?

Y'all head on over to the horror movies thread and debate some top 10 horror flicks with me.

I haven't posted on that thread.

WAP, specifically, might not promote sexual misconduct as much as other songs, but the lyrics are disgusting, in my opinion.

I mean, bro, I self deprecated in my initial posts about it saying "maybe I'm just old", etc... I know I'm probably in the minority with my opinion here. I'm the guy that rides around listening to classical music, oldies and bluegrass...Even as a kid, I never liked music that talked about fucking women...It's just not my thing and I stand by my opinion that it desensitizes young girls by making them think the lyrics in those songs are real life. It should not be real life.

That's really the crux of the issue. Call it "normalization," "desensitization," or "grooming" - the end result is the same: children producing highly sexualized content.

RIP DDD's bowels...

I still can't taste anything so I might try some fake meat or something.

the only kind of sexuality I wanna see and hear is the productive role of the married couple !

78a866706e57bfa1bd13e472955bd90a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back