• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best shows I've ever seen was the ?uestlove-led Superjam at Bonnaroo 2012 with D'Angelo as lead singer. His first US performance in like 12 years.

Not everyone maintains a lifelong commitment to fitness like we do, bro. Your wife still amped about the Tough Mudder?

Yes.

Also, I'll go on record as saying I'm terrified of what my daughters are exposed to in their everyday lives. Way more concerned about them than I am about my son. Maybe that makes me misogynistic in some weird way, but I went through childhood as a male and I feel like I know what my son will go through. I also know what my daughters will go through, but only through the lens of my own adolescent experience... Which is why I am terrified for them.

Luckily my wife is a fucking drill sergeant and will keep them in line.

Zoom presenter just asked us all to turn our cameras on. That's gonna be a no from me. I'm shirtless, unshowered and haven't shaved in about a year.

Zoom presenter just asked us all to turn our cameras on. That's gonna be a no from me. I'm shirtless, unshowered and haven't shaved in about a year.

Haha, been there.

Give them a, something something upload speed, something something.

Yes.

Also, I'll go on record as saying I'm terrified of what my daughters are exposed to in their everyday lives. Way more concerned about them than I am about my son. Maybe that makes me misogynistic in some weird way, but I went through childhood as a male and I feel like I know what my son will go through. I also know what my daughters will go through, but only through the lens of my own adolescent experience... Which is why I am terrified for them.

Luckily my wife is a fucking drill sergeant and will keep them in line.

Yeah, I'm concerned for mine as well. As I've mentioned before, my wife is hella hot, and my daughters unfortunately didn't get their looks from their father. I'm all about female empowerment and embracing the powers and of feminine sexuality with my wife and our society in general, but I'm sure I'm gonna be a raging hypocrite when my daughters approach their teenage years and want them to dress in ankle length dresses.

Also, speaking of overexposure to sexuality at a young age, any of y'all's kids into those LOL Surprise Dolls? They're the 5yo's fave toys, and they are scandalously dressed, to say the least. I lost an argument with the wife about them a couple days ago.

I listen to a lot of music I wouldn’t let children listen to and will definitely do my best to filter the content my son and any future kids are exposed to.

After I reread a lot of my posts, I realize that for an English teacher I have no fucking idea how to use a comma. No wonder so many people support school choice.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm concerned for mine as well. As I've mentioned before, my wife is hella hot, and my daughters unfortunately didn't get their looks from their father. I'm all about female empowerment and embracing the powers and of feminine sexuality with my wife and our society in general, but I'm sure I'm gonna be a raging hypocrite when my daughters approach their teenage years and want them to dress in ankle length dresses.

Also, speaking of overexposure to sexuality at a young age, any of y'all's kids into those LOL Surprise Dolls? They're the 5yo's fave toys, and they are scandalously dressed, to say the least. I lost an argument with the wife about them a couple days ago.

Whew... Sounds like I dodged a bullet here. My kids are hella ugly. Thankfully, they did get their looks from their mother.

After I reread a lot of my posts, I realize that for an English teacher I have no fucking idea how to use a comma. No wonder so many people support choice.

who gives a fuck about a oxford comma

Who are the cool posters that don't frequent the chat thread? I hardly ever see birdman over here.

any girls that take my last name can wear/listen to whatever they want as long as they read de Beauvoir, Butler, Crenshaw and the Combahee River Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back