• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on juice. TENNIS has the same douche country club culture as golf

Listening to Beethoven’s ninth symphony.

Unfortunately, I rewatched A Clockwork Orange in the last year and can’t hear this now without thinking of this guy...

ACWO_Ludovico.jpg

Well Braskys posting history suggests he becomes all he decries 5 years later, so I for one am hoping we stay friends next time I’m in town and I get to play some TENNIS at his country club.

I miss golf so fuckin’ much. Grew up in rural jersey where I could adjust the governor to 30mph, and you had the entire course to yourself to chip and putt around the greens. Now it’s all 6 hour rounds and 5 somes everywhere. 10 minute wait on every hole, just brutal.

Last time I played I Did win a raffle at my banks’ open house and got a round at LACC though....... I’d be all about that Los Angeles country club life if I could pull it off. Surprisingly low buyin of $75k. Figured it’d be $300k+. But apparently members are dying off faster than young people can replace them, so it’s within reach

Join now before it goes up.

I really have no idea about how Pokémon cards work. I understood the basics of the app but mainly used it to take pictures of family members next to some critter in a restaurant.

You're no international crossfit champ fatty mcfaterson.

I definitely can't flip and load canoes for 12 hours like I could 15 years ago. That shit is a young man's game.

And I fucking hate boy scouts.

Sports today.

Reminded me about how little I care about the NBA and MLB. I used to think I lked the later rounds of the NBA playoffs, but today showed me that I only watch because there's nothing else improtant on in May. I also liked the players better when they were my age. Now that SEC football comes back next weekend I doubt I'll even glance at another NBA game before February, when football is over.

Man, y'all got it backwards. Main thing I hate about living in the city is not being able to live that suburban country club life. Why is being around homeless people somehow superior to relaxing with other well adjusted semi-successful people?

Yeah bros, golf culture is awesome. You are around many successful people, competing and enjoying the outdoors. And you can have some beers with the boys. You can walk it and get exercise. You can gamble if you want. I'm not even sure what there is to NOT like about it.

Yeah there are douchebags, but those guys are everywhere (even in your hipster bars or wherever you go to have fun).

Yeah bros, golf culture is awesome. You are around many successful people, competing and enjoying the outdoors. And you can have some beers with the boys. You can walk it and get exercise. You can gamble if you want. I'm not even sure what there is to NOT like about it.

Yeah there are douchebags, but those guys are everywhere (even in your hipster bars or wherever you go to have fun).

Well, I personally resent people who are more successful than me, so it's pretty pretty detrimental for my psyche as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back