• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDZ (boards RIP) get's half credit for the premise but i think the west wing really nails the idealism of a the pre-kurtzman star trek universe plus the technobable of policy.

BDZ (boards RIP) get's half credit for the premise but i think the west wing really nails the idealism of a the pre-kurtzman star trek universe plus the technobable of policy.

Def recommend listening to Tig Notaro's interview on Star Trek: Pod Directive this week about trying to get out technobabble dialogue when you're acting.

is that podcast any good? i keep thinking it's going to be like wil wheaton's show which is fucking unwatchable IMO

is that podcast any good? i keep thinking it's going to be like wil wheaton's show which is fucking unwatchable IMO

yeah, it's super good. Tawny and Paul are just fucking delightful. There's no recapping/episodic talk, it's just about talking to people about why they like Trek and how it has impacted their life.

ah missed that. thought you were referring to like instagram ads or something.

I think today was the first day I ever bought something from an instagram ad. Bottomless coffee. A coffee subscription service that send you a scale to set the bag of beans and when the weight gets low, they will mail a fresh bag of beans from roasters all over the country. Couple of different price points. First bag cost $12.25 w/ free shipping so I figured that is less than a bag from a roaster around me, might as well give it a shot (although I do feel kinda bad about not supporting local businesses, but $15-20 for 12oz of coffee is absurd).

I feel a little bad about it because I do want to support these things, but I have zero interest in virtual concerts, fundraisers, art shows, author talks, etc. -- all things I used to do in person

*not political commentary*

4f6882618d9628b086871ab8d3cf2e59.jpg

Watched Borat Subsequent Moviefilm tonight. What the f happened in his head? He's deranged.

Was thinking about how goofy music videos are where rock bands are pretend playing their instruments which are obviously unplugged.

I feel a little bad about it because I do want to support these things, but I have zero interest in virtual concerts, fundraisers, art shows, author talks, etc. -- all things I used to do in person

We did a virtual stand-up show with Patton Oswalt last night, first virtual show we’ve done. It was pretty funny but you lose a huge dynamic of not being there and having the whole room laughing, which he could then riff off of. It was him sitting at his kitchen table doing an hour set then about 45 mins of Q&A after. For $15 a pretty decent way to spend a Friday night.

well sure but you also laugh at other hilarious movies like dumb and dumber so are we REALLY taking your recommendations seriously about comedy?

here a couple podcast ideas. you can send me a cut of the Casper and NordVPN wealth you rake in:

"Why is this Awesome?" - a podcast that explains in layman's terms why culture holds certain things in high regard (the mona lisa, Falling Water, battle of Cannae, what the fuck ever)
"Star Trek: Earth" - an episode by episode conversion of The West Wing into the every day running of the Federation from HQ in San Francisco in the post-Dominion War era

Both of those are good ideas especially the first. Hop on that. Maybe in the same episode, profile something in the same genre that’s just as good but not as heralded and explain why as well.

well sure but you also laugh at other hilarious movies like dumb and dumber so are we REALLY taking your recommendations seriously about comedy?

I mean if you don’t think Patton is funny then your sense of humor is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back