• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
insensitive word aside, and with the caveat that I have not listed to Joe Rogan's podcast ever, I'm of the mind that Kanye has a severe personality disorder that was at least partially triggered by his mom's death

the best part of NC is mid-summer halfway down the Dan next to your cooler tube with an open dadbeer and CCR playing on your waterproof bluetooth speaker.

I remember the water being so low that we dragged ass and had to walk our tubes a few times

Made breakfast for dinner

Very satisfying

Good bread for toast is nice

Made breakfast for dinner

Very satisfying

Good bread for toast is nice

i feel like i missed the boat on the sourdough baking craze in quarantine. my buddy has a starter he's been working with for a couple of years but that process always seemed INTIMIDATING

i got into baking tarts for a little while though. that was fun

We talking pancakes, waffles, or what? A breakfast sandwich?? So many different directions this can go.

i feel like i missed the boat on the sourdough baking craze in quarantine. my buddy has a starter he's been working with for a couple of years but that process always seemed INTIMIDATING

i got into baking tarts for a little while though. that was fun

I’ve been baking bread for a year or two now but just went to sourdough when everybody else did. A friend had a starter that was close to 8 months old & offered to give me some so I said why not. I keep it in the fridge & try to feed it once a week. It’s currently been two weeks since it’s last feeding but it’ll be fine. I’ll just have to feed it twice before putting it back in the fridge.

I will say that baking with it is time consuming. Not a lot of active time, but you’ve gotta have 1.5-2+ days planned out for sourdough. With a yeasted bread, you can go start to finish in a couple of hours.

We talking pancakes, waffles, or what? A breakfast sandwich?? So many different directions this can go.

About once per month for lunch, I'll make a greasy breakfast sandwich with sausage patties, hashbrowns, a runny egg, and toss some shredded jalapeno cheese on it. I should just eat that sumbitch on the toilet it turns my stomach over so quick. But it is dang good.

I will say that when I look down at my grease-smeared plate I'll have a hint of that "my God, what I have I done?" kind of regret.

I haven’t baked bread in like six years

Got a rosemary rye at the farmers market

Made herb omelettes and fried potatoes and toast

My mother-in-law made her version of the Olive Garden Tuscany soup. It’s shit at Olive Garden, but her version is crazy good. Probably because she uses enough heavy cream and spicy sausage to give me 5 different heart attacks. She’s legitimately the best cook I know, but it’s a goddamn sprint as to whether her food or her political ideology is gonna cause me to stroke out first.

We got a bread maker a few years ago and were using it fairly regularly in the early days of the pandemic. I’d like to try sourdough but intimidated with the whole starter thing.

Our neighborhood has a weekly farmers market that has sourdough.

the CT flat circle has entered a new dimension discussing what we had for breakfast for dinner

We got a bread maker a few years ago and were using it fairly regularly in the early days of the pandemic. I’d like to try sourdough but intimidated with the whole starter thing.

Our neighborhood has a weekly farmers market that has sourdough.

I was intimidated at first, too, but after keeping it for 5 month myself, I’m shocked at how little really goes into it if you’re not baking with it multiple times a week. Just need a kitchen scale & some time to really get it going.

do you know what a linguist is?

Someone who studies linguistics.

Meaning someone who studies syntax, vocabulary, diction, semantics, the history thereof, and every other thing you would need to know that INSULTING WORDS FUCKING CHANGE OVER TIME AND CALLING OUT PEOPLE FOR USING THE WORD "RETARD" ON THE INTERNET IS THE MODERN EQUIVALENT OF TELLING A 1600'S PEASANT THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY THEY ARENT FAT.

Intimidated by bread. Yes, this country is full of snowflakes.

I fucking love bread sometimes. Like, fuck yeah, bread. I wanted to rag on these dudes for being so gay that they literally spend time kneeding buns, but I'm not gonna yuk their yum while Juice and BBD are over here wearing camo face paint, dug into a fox hole fighting the great PC wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back