• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are more likely to die from Covid than catch most of those mosquito vector borne diseases in the United States, some with almost a statistically 0 probability.

You are more likely to die from Covid than catch most of those mosquito vector borne diseases in the United States, some with almost a statistically 0 probability.

Yeah, but does Covid make you itchy for a couple of days?

Also, we can go outside during the summer and my wife and daughters will get eaten alive by mosquitos, and I never get a single bite. What's wrong with me? Do I smell? Am I not good enough for these picky-ass mosquitos?

Also, we can go outside during the summer and my wife and daughters will get eaten alive by mosquitos, and I never get a single bite. What's wrong with me? Do I smell? Am I not good enough for these picky-ass mosquitos?

They may have type O blood, which is apparently preferred by mosquitos.

I had Chikungunya 2 years ago and it was way worse than the description of what is a standard case of COVID. I woke up one morning and legitimately couldn't even move my arms or legs. Another day I couldn't close my hands to grip a pen and write and typing was impossible. The docs observed the start of Rhabdomyolysis at Day 4. Thankfully it was treated effectively and I was mostly back to normal within a weeks time.

I had Chikungunya 2 years ago and it was way worse than the description of what is a standard case of COVID. I woke up one morning and legitimately couldn't even move my arms or legs. Another day I couldn't close my hands to grip a pen and write and typing was impossible. The docs observed the start of Rhabdomyolysis at Day 4. Thankfully it was treated effectively and I was mostly back to normal within a weeks time.

This is a great RJ quote, but should have started with "Only in LA . . . "

We're keeping the front doors open so I'm getting mosquitos in my office every day. It's miserable

Some people are more enticing than others to mosquitoes.

Just got this message from the 5yo's teacher on ClassDojo

"It is a (school name) tradition for kinder students to make a Native American outfit. I need each student to send in a brown pillow case. I know that Walmart has the regular size, dark brown Mainstays 2 pack pillowcases. Please send your pillowcase in by Friday, October 9th."

I'm sure that these outfits will be culturally sensitive and won't reinforce stereotypes in the least.

Just got this message from the 5yo's teacher on ClassDojo

"It is a (school name) tradition for kinder students to make a Native American outfit. I need each student to send in a brown pillow case. I know that Walmart has the regular size, dark brown Mainstays 2 pack pillowcases. Please send your pillowcase in by Friday, October 9th."

I'm sure that these outfits will be culturally sensitive and won't reinforce stereotypes in the least.

ClassDojo - god I do not miss that BS at all. We had to use it my first MS and holy shit was keeping up with that app, while teaching, annoying. I guess it makes sense in Kindergarten.

Girlfriend Doing Something With Leaves From Outside

SAGINAW, MI—Insisting that no one was allowed to touch the small pile of foliage on the dining room table, local girlfriend Michelle Slagle, 27, was doing something with the leaves from outside, sources confirmed Tuesday. “It could be that these leaves are for a craft project or to make potpourri, but there’s really no way to know,” said boyfriend Ryan Hawkins, adding that Slagle certainly had a plan for the collection of twigs and leaves, given that she had spent the previous weekend methodically collecting the flora and depositing them in a specific spot in their apartment. “I don’t know whether she’s framing them or if it’s like a scrapbooking thing or what, but she did get really mad when I tried to throw them away. Maybe she’s making a wreath or something. Who knows?” At press time, Slagle claimed she was almost finished after gathering a handful of little pine cones from the woods out back.

Rhabdomyolysis is the breakdown of damaged skeletal muscle. Muscle breakdown causes the release of myoglobin into the bloodstream. Myoglobin is the protein that stores oxygen in your muscles. If you have too much myoglobin in your blood, it can cause kidney damage.

congrats, townie and wife!

Thanks all

My boy is perfect

Mother in law is here which is 99.99% helpful and 0.01% intolerable. She has cleaned our house and made us food but also wants to watch the news 24/7 and listens to self-help podcasts on her phone on speaker.

Thanks all

My boy is perfect

Mother in law is here which is 99.99% helpful and 0.01% intolerable. She has cleaned our house and made us food but also wants to watch the news 24/7 and listens to self-help podcasts on her phone on speaker.

Have her watch this instead

My wife, my 4yo daughter, and my 2yo son are feasted upon by mosquitos.

My 6yo daughter and I are rarely bothered.

I have Type O blood.

I’m sure it’s based on something else.

I basically abhor traveling due to how much mosquitos go for me. Only time I've left the country in the past 20 years was Aruba about a month after a hurricane came through and left stagnant water which bred mosquitos. My legs were easily double their normal size after 150 mosquito bites the first night. That overreaction has me worried in regards to covid.

Was laying out by the pool one day and a bee just came straight for my stomach and got me. Left like easily an 8 inch by 4 inch reaction on my stomach that was fucking nuts. Also developed psoriasis at a late age, although a mild version where it's just tiny bumps. Pretty sure that overreactive immune system is gonna kill me if I get COVID.

Thanks all

My boy is perfect

This is so refreshingly normal and good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back