• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
At UF me and a buddy used to go sailing and there would be alligators sunning themselves on the ski jumps in the lake.

At UF me and a buddy used to go sailing and there would be alligators sunning themselves on the ski jumps in the lake.

Yeah, between living in Tampa and going to grad school at UF, I've been up close and personal with a lot of (actual) gators. There were a ton of them on the golf course where we lived, just NW of Tampa. They mostly just chill by the water because it is so damn hot. But they got a number of pets in the neighborhood.

I'm not afraid of them, but I definitely had a number of dreams about being in the middle of a group of alligators and having to run/jump around them all.

Was not something I ever thought I'd encounter growing up in NY.

Live shot of DeacATS' dreams.

We had an early afternoon wedding and lunch reception at my wife's colleagues' house on a riverbank. About 90 minutes before the wedding, a gator strolled up about 30 yards away from the reception area and sunned itself. The out of town guests were freaking out and talking about calling animal control. The locals just said don't bother it and it will go away. It stayed about an hour and left.

Does anybody else get sports updates on their phone/watch just a second before they happen on “live” broadcasts? I’m watching baseball on hulu live and i get a very convenient beep right before every run is scored

Happens on YouTube TV for me all the time. My patio TV is behind my living room TV and both are behind my tablet even if all are live.

Yea, streaming via any App/device so far for me seems to lag live TV coming straight out of a cable box.

Apple Watch also keeps reminding me to breath during these tense moments, didn’t know that I held my breath so often

Chat Thread: F*cking Mosquitos: how do they work?

Need someone to tell me whether that Vin Diesel song slaps or doesn’t slap

Happens on YouTube TV for me all the time. My patio TV is behind my living room TV and both are behind my tablet even if all are live.

I would expect there to be a lag given you have 7 televisions

Does anyone else struggle with getting work done on Sundays? I have such a mental block. I'd much rather get up at 5 am and put in the 2-3 hours of work on finishing weekly lesson plans and posting my daily activities online than do anything related to my job on Saturday or Sunday.

Does anyone else struggle with getting work done on Sundays? I have such a mental block. I'd much rather get up at 5 am and put in the 2-3 hours of work on finishing weekly lesson plans and posting my daily activities online than do anything related to my job on Saturday or Sunday.

Yeah I’ll procrastinate all day then turn on my computer around like 8 or so and quickly try to think if I can get away with not doing it

The man already takes 5 of your days. Why would you give him another?

I am pretty much forced by my boss to work for a bit on Sunday night. Like 30-60 minutes of “getting organized for the week” with a deliverable to send to him.

It pisses me off every single week.

What pisses me off even more is that he thinks he’s a hands off kind of boss. He’s crazy.

I'm working now on something due tomorrow. I'm not going to get my usual prep done for my Monday morning class.

When it came to deciding whether I'd get anything actually done today or not, once I realized there was no basketball on until Wednesday I just told myself I could work longer hours on Monday/Tuesday

Chiefs-Ravens Monday Night Football. First Presidential Debate is Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back