• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last white cornerback to start in the NFL was Jason Sehorn in 2003. That's wild. 17 years.

Yeah bros, golf culture is awesome. You are around many successful people, competing and enjoying the outdoors. And you can have some beers with the boys. You can walk it and get exercise. You can gamble if you want. I'm not even sure what there is to NOT like about it.

Yeah there are douchebags, but those guys are everywhere (even in your hipster bars or wherever you go to have fun).

hey Chad, pick up the cordless!

Got Rudy on in the background today. Rudy's family were total assholes. Never believed in him, didn't even believe he was at ND/on the team until they saw it in person. His brother started dating his girlfriend after he left for college.

Oh yeah, and he was still offside.

What’s everybody been cooking recently? I’m in a rut just repeating meals basically weekly. Would prefer simple or easy.

What’s everybody been cooking recently? I’m in a rut just repeating meals basically weekly. Would prefer simple or easy.

Brussels sprouts (butter, S&P) pan seared. Once brown, throw in 1/4 cup water and cover until tender.

Fried potatoes (1cm cubes, cover bottom of iron skillet in oil, turn frequently until browned and cooked through, salt liberally).

Green beans (peel, boil with 1/4 head cabbage and 1/2 cup of bacon, S&P).

Cole slaw (1/2 head of cabbage, 2 medium carrots, high quality mayo, celery seed, S&P).

Been slaying some corn on the cob. Just boil it.

Meats have been sirloins, shredded chicken tacos, hot dogs, your mom's sweet poon.

I was into cooking at the start of the pandemic (so much time on my hands!), then got into a rut as summer started, but have been reinvigorated now that our son is eating solid foods and we did the baby-led weaning approach. basically he eats what we eat, save a few choking hazards here and there. highly recommended for any of the new parents out there. my niece who is a year older than our son did it and she eats everything.

found a killer go-to weeknight chicken prep:

chicken thighs

preheat a sturdy baking sheet on the grill to 450-500ish

take chicken thighs with skin, poke a bunch holes into the skin, season with salt/pepper and whatever else, spray with some oil and place them skin down for 12-15 min, then flip for 5-8 until they're 170 degrees.

skin is perfectly crisp and they are fucking delicious. you don't demolish your oven or kitchen with spatter/smoke.

then everything is ruined

but seriously, a lighter sheet would work but might warp or scorch the chicken

another delicious easy chicken meal:

Cover a baking sheet with cooked rice. Either buy the precooked kind or cook your own. You need several cups of cooked rice.

Chop broccoli florets and mushrooms to bite sizes; toss them with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spread them on top of the rice.

Add chicken thighs (WITH skin, bone-in) on top of everything else, skin side up. Rub a little olive oil on them, then salt and pepper them.

Roast for an hour at 425.

One pan and it's delicious. My teenagers do the happy dance when I make this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back