• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My man asked for some cheap headphones and every suggestion was $100+ plus. LOLZ. You gotta love the privilege of the Wake boards.

Mako I've had two different versions of these and they work just fine, only complaint is that I wish they were a tad louder. But I like rage when I'm running. I also need the connector piece in the back because ear pods never stay in my ear when I'm running.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-He...603201139&sprefix=blitzen+wire,aps,174&sr=8-3

I figured $100 was right on the cusp of cheap for a product like that given that Air Pod Pros are over $200.

Things that help me workout or make it less likely for me to skip a workout are generally areas where I don’t want to scrimp. I also firmly believe in the mantra “Buy nice or buy twice.”

I figured $100 was right on the cusp of cheap for a product like that given that Air Pod Pros are over $200.

Things that help me workout or make it less likely for me to skip a workout are generally areas where I don’t want to scrimp. I also firmly believe in the mantra “Buy nice or buy twice.”

There's some truth to this. I bought a couple of pairs of refurbished beats and they both crapped out after about 3 months of running.

My man asked for some cheap headphones and every suggestion was $100+ plus. LOLZ. You gotta love the privilege of the Wake boards.

Mako I've had two different versions of these and they work just fine, only complaint is that I wish they were a tad louder. But I like rage when I'm running. I also need the connector piece in the back because ear pods never stay in my ear when I'm running.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-He...603201139&sprefix=blitzen+wire,aps,174&sr=8-3

Both of my suggestions were $25 or less.

Also, my wife just got some Air Pod Pros and they are nice. Noise canceling and everything. They’re like over the ear noise canceling headphones. And they stay inside your ears better than the old model.

the pros are nice; wife has them. i like the jabras because they can pair to two devices at the same time.

the pros are nice; wife has them. i like the jabras because they can pair to two devices at the same time.

That seems like it would rarely be used? Unless you're bouncing around from your phone to a smart watch or something, but that just doesn't seem useful to me. Maybe because I only use my phone for my music source.

i use it all the time while working from home. my computer and my phone are paired so i can do audio from/on both at the same time.

i also occasionally have it paired with my TV/phone when i'm watching my infant so i can again switch the audio without pairing

That seems like it would rarely be used? Unless you're bouncing around from your phone to a smart watch or something, but that just doesn't seem useful to me. Maybe because I only use my phone for my music source.

I’ll go from music/podcast on my phone to Netflix on an iPad

I stand corrected. I don't have an iPad/watch so that makes sense. If I have my computer paired up, it will be to a speaker & not headphones.

i mean, i don't really like walking around with them in my head all the time but now that I do 80% of my working from home i find i'm stuck with it more often

i actually got another pair of airpods so I can have one paired to my phone and the older pair (whose battery is going) paired to my PC for Teams and Zoom calls.

I can't stand ear buds with the rubber gasket thing. I know it stays in way better and much more effective at cancelling out noise, but I just find them all to be terribly uncomfortable. After even a short time I typically find them to be kinda painful.

The cougars part was a joke, right? And not your cougars post, knight. I know there are people up here that swear we still have mountain lions.

i actually got another pair of airpods so I can have one paired to my phone and the older pair (whose battery is going) paired to my PC for Teams and Zoom calls.

Well, well, well...

screen_shot_2013-02-05_at_9.06.12_pm.png

The cougars part was a joke, right? And not your cougars post, knight. I know there are people up here that swear we still have mountain lions.

Yeah, all of the wildlife organizations insist that there are no cougars left in the eastern U.S. (other than panthers in Florida), but I've met quite a few people who claim to have seen them, both in the mountains and coastal plain of NC. Plenty of supposed bigfoot sightings too, I guess, but it seems like there's likely a few left the government doesn't know (or doesn't want us to know) about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back