• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to do that with a program called Dr. Sbaitso, but that was back in the early 90s (I think).

"Make it say 'fart' again!"

The good old days when nothing was centralized or streamlined. I remember making boot disks for some early computer games where it felt like the developer was like fuck it you figure out how to get this working on your computer

even now I can imagine the windows 95 startup tune

My FIL is a massive golfer (he's gotten into aggressively the last few years as he's semi-retired) and he's trying so hard to get me into it this year. I've played with him twice around here with my BIL and then went up to this place in Virginia for an afternoon/night to play a round on his 60th birthday golf retreat which featured several local golf pros. Then he shows up last weekend with a set of used clubs he bought for me (I had been using their spare set which are technically ladies clubs).

I'm fucking terrible and never played more than Par 3 with friends until now and still enjoying the boozing and golf cart driving more than the actual game. But I don't think I have a choice anymore. And I know that's he going to be teaching my son to play the moment's he's old enough to hold a club. Which is fine by me. I just can't play more than like 12 holes without losing interest.

My son is two and has a plastic set of clubs at our house and my parents’ house.

They just moved to a golf community about 90 minutes away and have already asked one of the pros the youngest age he’s ever done for lessons.

I’d love to be able to get serious about golf but I really just don’t have the time these days.

My son is two and has a plastic set of clubs at our house and my parents’ house.

They just moved to a golf community about 90 minutes away and have already asked one of the pros the youngest age he’s ever done for lessons.

I’d love to be able to get serious about golf but I really just don’t have the time these days.

My wife and I are super competitive in the first 3 holes, because whoever has the highest score after 3 has to drive us home. Although, whoever wins that generally loses over the 9 or 18, as we use that excuse to drink like it's the end of the world.

the problem with golf is that golf culture blows

The whole suburban clubhouse golf culture is pretty lame. Just a bunch of dudes who were probably born into money, trying to show off/humble brag about how much money they have. The douchebag ratio is high.

I think I could roll with the more rural redneck golf culture, but sadly a lot of those dudes are mouth breathing Trump Gumps.

So yeah it sucks.

the problem with golf is that golf culture blows

Redneck courses have no culture, thankfully.

I enjoy nice courses but readily admit I always feel out of place when I play them. My brother takes me to Jefferson Landing 4-5 times a year, and while it's a gorgeous course, I'm very aware I don't belong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back