• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-2021 Continental Europe Domestic Soccer MEGA Thread (GER, ESP, FRA, ITA, etc.)

Should we create one European Soccer Thread?

• Yes - all leagues including EPL

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes - but keep EPL separate

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I like individual threads with little interest

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I hate soccer because God hates me

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weston McKennie starts for Juve in their first match of the year. My how far he’s come.

You're just trolling me with these thread titles, right?

Juve-Napoli technically “kicked off” at 2:45 but Napoli has refused to travel with two players (one being their best attacker Insigne) testing positive for COVID earlier this week. Serie A told them to show and they refused.

Juve-Napoli technically “kicked off” at 2:45 but Napoli has refused to travel with two players (one being their best attacker Insigne) testing positive for COVID earlier this week. Serie A told them to show and they refused.

That is not true. The health authority of Campania (the region that Napoli is in) ordered the team into quarantine. Serie A didn't care and scheduled the match anyway.

Muller-Lewandowski are the best offensive duo of any club in the world

change my mind

Barca's president just resigned. will be interesting if it does anything to affect Messi's decision making.

Barca's president just resigned. will be interesting if it does anything to affect Messi's decision making.

Wasn't his term up in the spring anyways? My guess is the timing of his announcement is due to it being the best part of the calendar for Barca finances. Because the board and president are held personally responsible for any debts they leave behind on the way out.

Wasn't his term up in the spring anyways? My guess is the timing of his announcement is due to it being the best part of the calendar for Barca finances. Because the board and president are held personally responsible for any debts they leave behind on the way out.

He could have done damage in the January window and in the meantime. He already signed a huge loan from Goldman Sachs and agreed to a European Super League since the referendum to remove him was started. He then fought tooth and nail to have the referendum annulled. He made all the signatures get validated, and only resigned after petitioning to the government not to let the vote move ahead because of COVID, which the government rejected

Last edited:
Haaland has 23 goals in 22 Bundesliga games, 17 goals in 16 Austrian Bundesliga games, 18 goals in 17 Euro games (including 14 in 11 UCL games), and 6 goals in 7 contests for Norway

just bananas

On Saturday night we have Sporting vs. Braga for the Taca da Liga, aka the Portuguese Cup. After a particularly disastrous year last season, its good to see Sporting getting there shit together. Win the Taca and keep first in the Liga. Vamos Leoes! Vamos Verde e brancos!

Dortmund stink now, especially at the back. They also had have a caretaker manager at the back. Wonder if they are going to clear and cash out and try and rebuild with Reyna, Bellingham and Moukoko. I doubt Haaland or Sancho hangs around if the don't make CL. I also wonder if Jesse Marsch might get a serious look for manager. Matarazzo succeeding at Stuttgart only helps.

La Liga in for a pretty entertaining finish.

Atletico 73 pts
Real Madrid 71 pts
Barcelona 71 pts (with game in hand)
Sevilla 70 points

Atletico and Barca control their own destiny, and play each other May 8. Win out and the title is theirs. Atletico drew against Bilbao last weekend, so they lost some of their cushion. Real and Sevilla play the next day, but they both need help.

Back