• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Died

Oh Susan Collins found her way to re-election

Murkowski said the same thing. I think Trump and Mitch will read the room and realize they don’t have the votes, and use this to try and get the base out to vote instead by promising they can end abortion.

Murkowski said the same thing. I think Trump and Mitch will read the room and realize they don’t have the votes, and use this to try and get the base out to vote instead by promising they can end abortion.

Oh you sweet innocent lamb

fuck

2020 is just the worst.

Trump's random "hey, wanna know my shortlist for the Supreme Court?" move suddenly makes more sense.

These fuckstick GOP senators up for election can say whatever they want between now and November and then ram through a nominee before a new congress and President are sworn in. Biden needs to win, the Dems need to win the Senate, and they need to pack the court. I don't trust single Republican to stick to their word.

Oh you sweet innocent lamb

Haha. Fair criticism. I just think there are too many senate seats up for grabs. I think an at-risk pub is more likely to get elected if the seat is open by saying you need me, then if they rammed in a judge before the election. But, admittedly, this could all be wishful thinking.

Haha. Fair criticism. I just think there are too many senate seats up for grabs. I think an at-risk pub is more likely to get elected if the seat is open by saying you need me, then if they rammed in a judge before the election. But, admittedly, this could all be wishful thinking.

Just ram it through in December?

These fuckstick GOP senators up for election can say whatever they want between now and November and then ram through a nominee before a new congress and President are sworn in. Biden needs to win, the Dems need to win the Senate, and they need to pack the court. I don't trust single Republican to stick to their word.

I’m dead set against packing the court, but if they nominated a justice during the lame duck session after a Biden victory... then I would be all for it.

Oh Susan Collins found her way to re-election

I doubt it, she was in trouble already, and this could actually put her in a tougher spot. Maine isn't a solid red state, and raising the specter of replacing Ginsburg is unlikely to help her there. Collins would likely have preferred to avoid dealing with this before the election.

Last edited:
Let me edit my earlier comment and add that I absolutely think Trump nominates someone. I suspect within days he nominates Barrett. I just don’t think the Senate will have the votes and I really hope I’m right.

what a fucking disaster

it’s unreal how over-represented Republicans are in federal government

Yeah compete disaster for representative government. Worst case scenario is nomination, confirmation, and a Trump loss that goes to the courts to make decisions about. Best case scenario enough endangered republican senators say we aren’t confirming close to election (would then probably lame duck confirm though). Middle case scenario election turn out is overwhelming defeat of Trump leading to a majority that tells Mitch to get fucked and packs the court.

Supposedly, Romney has also said he won’t vote until after inauguration

Last edited:
Back