• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Died

So this is basically game over for America, right?

Yeah, we're on the fast track to 3rd world country. Hopefully, the MDMH's of the world will start seeing the forest for the trees (yeah, I know who he claims to be voting for, I'm talking about him as representative of the movement - the bowel movement)..

Get another hard-right justice on the Court to make a 6-3 majority, and even Roberts won't be a swing vote. Roe will almost certainly be dead in some form, and many other progressive landmark rulings since the Warren Court in the 50s will be in serious danger as well. I don't see them going after Obergefell, but who knows? This is a party that is determined to drag the whole country backwards to some golden age of traditional family values and social conformity (the decades vary, although the 50s seem to be a favorite.) So worst-case scenario is that yeah, this could be really, really bad, especially if you like all of the social and cultural changes of the past 50 or so years, or you're a minority of almost any kind, or you're an environmentalist, believe in employee rights, or don't believe that corporations are sacred things that should not be regulated by the feds or state governments, etc.

Last edited:
Ain’t nobody got time for hypocrisy there are judges to seat.

If the evangelicals will quit their obsession with politics, I’ll give them Roe. But I’m not naive enough to think that’s where it ends.

I would say that the blowback to rolling back all the social progress would be too great but I suppose that’s why you first make it harder to vote, gerrymander, etc... then there’s no outlet for that blowback.

There's a lot of blame to go around. Deal with it.

okay, sure

I’ll blame candyass centrist Democrat’s who are happy to go along to get along because they lack the moral imagination for something better because at the end of the day, it doesn’t really affect them and theirs that much

I would say that the blowback to rolling back all the social progress would be too great but I suppose that’s why you first make it harder to vote, gerrymander, etc... then there’s no outlet for that blowback.

I used to think that, but I think these people simply don't care, and believe there won't be a serious blowback, or that if there was they could easily crush it. Plus, as long as the GOP doesn't pay any price at the polls for doing stuff like this, it just gets easier and easier to dismiss the notion that there is any real price to be paid for their actions and behavior.

okay, sure

I’ll blame candyass centrist Democrat’s who are happy to go along to get along because they lack the moral imagination for something better because at the end of the day, it doesn’t really affect them and theirs that much

Great. We'll see where that gets you.

Don't want to get into an argument. I shouldn't have brought it up. I'll just leave it at we're fucked.

This is probably just getting the inevitable out of the way anyways where Trump won another 4 years come November because this country is super fucked.

Yeah, we're on the fast track to 3rd world country. Hopefully, the MDMH's of the world will start seeing the forest for the trees (yeah, I know who he claims to be voting for, I'm talking about him as representative of the movement - the bowel movement)..

incredible stuff

Back