• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

Mods, I have re read the post made by Ph Deac and need to retract my objection. We have not been on very good terms him and I and I read the post more than once too quickly and incorrectly.
While I still believe he is a condescending individual who has little respect for anyone outside his world, I apologize for accusing him of “hate speech”.
DP

Wait, your saying he didn’t say. Kill Republicans.

Yeesh. I hardly post here anymore but man, you are just straight up going full moron here. Probably a good time to take a few days away from this internet message board maybe...

And not that it needs to be said, but the "both sides are awful" argument is a total cop-out. It's the siren song of someone benefiting from Trump's America and is happy to continue doing so, but without owning the beliefs and actions that create that benefit - either out of cowardice or apathy. And that comes from someone whose last post on this board (I think) was about the value of knowing intelligent, good people who were Trump fans, because they actually do exist and it's good for people to understand how they think.

The garbage you're shoveling is just reprehensible. And now you're backing it up by crying to mods on the politics section of a sports message board. Woof.

Mods, I have re read the post made by Ph Deac and need to retract my objection. We have not been on very good terms him and I and I read the post more than once too quickly and incorrectly.
While I still believe he is a condescending individual who has little respect for anyone outside his world, I apologize for accusing him of “hate speech”.
DP

You're apologizing to the mods for making a false accusation about me.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, Officer."

Pop, he didn't call to kill all Republicans. He merely claimed that the republican strategy was to kill all opposition.

DdO-9Q2VwAAs2YF

Finally Ph is revealed to be the radical reactionary we all knew he is.

Why don't ya cut the guy a break. I explained it to him simply and he got it. The rest of ya didn't.

Clean out your ears and read my post. You want to be pissed at the whole world, have at it. Just put me on ignore.

No one said, “politics” haven’t changed. I said how we elect officials, being prey to their cronyism, deceitfulness and lack of following the wishes of the people that elected them in my 40 years of voting hasn’t changed. It is why I want term limits, campaign reform, etc.

It’s not being about a Pub, or a Dem, it’s about being a bullshit Politician only interested in getting elected and their power base. You want to put that all on the GOP, have at it. But you’re dead wrong. They are all alike.

But the only change I would prefer right now is you lose my number and take your anger elsewhere.

I don’t know what the fuck DeacPops was talking about accusing PH of wanting to kill Republicans, but I think his post here that I quoted represents a very common and basic viewpoint which has powered Donald Trumps rise to power, which Democrats don’t seem
to understand - their own unpopularity. Politicians and politics are widely unpopular to the general masses - true or false, politics is seen as a self serving system full of corruption, controlled by the wealthy, full of out of touch elitists.

Feel free to debate me, but I believe that Conservatives generally view politicians as servants to do their bidding, while liberals more revere politicians and the political system. This is how a terribly unpopular Mitch McConnell can remain in power, because hes good at serving the party. So when DeacsPop so clumsily makes the argument that “things haven’t changed in 40 years” - he’s talking about politics, not social justice (with the Supreme Court being more responsible for modern social justice progress than congress)

IMO, it would politically benefit Democrats to tap into some of that populist anti-politician sentiment, rather than romanticizing an elitist political culture propagandized by Aaron Sorkin fiction and effete gen-xers

Last edited:
So you are doubling down and agreeing with PhDeac? Kill 60 million plus is the Republican agenda?

Last edited:
Long story short - Trumps unpopularity with the political establishment is viewed as a success with uneducated, average people. It’s stupid as fuck - but I believe that Democrats refusal to adapt to anti-political sentiment is going to continue to put them at an electoral disadvantage. “Getting back to normal” messaging might get Biden over the top, but the party has to seriously reckon with their own ineptitude in order to keep power and gain popularity

So you are doubling down and agreeing with PhDeac? Kill 60 million plus is the Republican agenda?

Again, you seem unfamiliar with the bloodlust on the right.

Again, you seem unfamiliar with the bloodlust on the right.

Kill 60 plus million, you are insane. This is beyond the pale of conspiracy theories. It is also hate speech claiming genocidal positions of your opposition.

Your reading comprehension is on par with pops.
Nobody, including Ph, said that. But, republicans and blue lifers sure to find it easy to justify killing “others”.

In terms of specific numbers, I guess we will have to wait for the specifics of Trumps unbelievable healthcare plan, the likes of which you have never seen before. We should get his plan any day, right?

Back