• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

The problem: Discrimination against people on the basis of their race.
Your solution: Discriminate against other people on the basis of their race.
The fix: "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

cool, white people and institutions can start by not discriminating on the basis of race

cool, white people and institutions can start by not discriminating on the basis of race

Welcome to my side of this argument. You guys are making the other argument.

The effects of historical racial discrimination will show up in economic/family history factors (source: every argument in factor of affirmative action), but using economic factors will also provide preferences for the people mdmh was advocating for last week, without the bothersome racial-discrimination-by-the-government-in-2022-factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good reminder.

I’m late to the party - why is Joe taking a month to get a nomination out? Shouldn’t he have this queued up already? The last shitbag set the lowest bar in the world for Joe to improve upon and he keeps refusing to do it. Sigh.

Breyer officially announced his retirement yesterday. WTF are you talking about ?

I’m late to the party - why is Joe taking a month to get a nomination out? Shouldn’t he have this queued up already? The last shitbag set the lowest bar in the world for Joe to improve upon and he keeps refusing to do it. Sigh.

Breyer officially announced his retirement yesterday. WTF are you talking about ?

Also, I believe Breyer is going to serve out the term.

“In the course of our discussion with Reagan the first time we were talking about the candidates … we had talked about Scalia. Reagan had asked me whether Scalia was of Italian extraction. I think he used the word ‘extraction,’ and I said, ‘Yes, he’s of Italian extraction.’ Reagan said, ‘That’s the man I want to nominate, so I want to meet him.’ We brought Scalia in… . The president met Scalia, and he offered Scalia the job right on the spot, in about 15 minutes, very little ceremony here. Scalia accepted on the spot. He was delighted. That was it… .

“I think [Reagan] felt that it would be great to put an Italian American on the Supreme Court. He had all the usual American instincts: ‘We don’t have an Italian American on the court, so we ought to have one.’ He really felt good about doing that. It wasn’t principle so much as that kind of emotional commitment.”

Does JH really think he is a hero in the fight against discrimination? Literally, the only discrimination he cares about is discrimination against white people (and whitemansplaining how he is protecting Asians from affirmative action when Asians overwhelmingly support it and he can't show they have been harmed by it). And no one buys that he gives a shit about any Asians. That's what you call a blatant white supremacist.

Whoever Biden puts up will be much more qualified than Barrett, who Trump nominated because she is white. To JH, it is somehow discrimination against whitey that although white men have made up 108 out of 114 justices, we are not nominating a white person for the Supreme Court. Legit racist POS.

Hope you’re not holding your breath.

Much easier and preferential for them to pretend it doesn’t exist.

"first we have to do everything in our power to make sure we don't take any steps that might address systemic racism"

Does JH really think he is a hero in the fight against discrimination? Literally, the only discrimination he cares about is discrimination against white people (and whitemansplaining how he is protecting Asians from affirmative action when Asians overwhelmingly support it and he can't show they have been harmed by it). And no one buys that he gives a shit about any Asians. That's what you call a blatant white supremacist.

Whoever Biden puts up will be much more qualified than Barrett, who Trump nominated because she is white. To JH, it is somehow discrimination against whitey that although white men have made up 108 out of 114 justices, we are not nominating a white person for the Supreme Court. Legit racist POS.

whitemansplaining by establishing a desired outcome then reverse-engineering the bullshit to make it fit. Works on Angus and sailor though

They nominated Barrett because they wanted at least one woman to vote for over turning Roe.

Last edited:

The projection never stops, does it, shoo?

I haven't posted a single thing about Biden's nominee (who as far as I know, hasn't been named yet). You're so off your axis you don't even know who you are arguing with.

You're arguing with certainty about the credentials of an unnamed person with the wrong audience. As arguments go, you're off to a slow start.

You guys are arguing in favor of de jure racial discrimination in 2022. That remains a terrible idea, but if you want to go down that road you need to meet the (appropriately high) burden of proof. That your primary answers all take the form of name-calling (when the question calls for evidence) tells you everything you need to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that Wicker and other Republicans have no idea who the nominee will be. All they know is she will be Black.

These are the same people who posted about not judging people by their race but by the content of their character two weeks ago.

Back