• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson should be fired for this effort

The past four seasons have been celebrated by many on this board and Clawson has received accolades as a result.

The fact remains that his conference record during that time has been 14-18. His first two seasons produced a 2-14 conference record.

Why should an 0-2 start be a surprise or a disappointment, especially considering the opponents were the #1 team in the nation and our most bitter rival ?

I'm not for firing anyone. But for a coach to be in year seven and have such a poor, anemic defense at this level is concerning.

We don't need to lose Clawson but the defense has not been good in a long while.

That has to get fixed. Scoring 42 should be enough to beat State without a top QB.

That was an extraordinarily bad defensive showing last night but still far from the worse one in the Clawson era.

Unfortunately, the worst may yet to come next week against the golden domers. :(

The past four seasons have been celebrated by many on this board and Clawson has received accolades as a result.

The fact remains that his conference record during that time has been 14-18. His first two seasons produced a 2-14 conference record.

Why should an 0-2 start be a surprise or a disappointment, especially considering the opponents were the #1 team in the nation and our most bitter rival ?

32% conference win percentage in year 7. Likely to be under 30% by the end of December.

What is it in the 4 seasons we went to bowl games? Grobe left the cupboard pretty bare and a lot of guys choice not to play after the change.

I know there are never must wins, save the playoffs, but really a weak effort for a game we had to have with our schedule. The series to start the second half was keystone cops embarrassing.

What is it in the 4 seasons we went to bowl games? Grobe left the cupboard pretty bare and a lot of guys choice not to play after the change.

Is the glass half full or half empty? I prefer winning records and bowl appearances to losing. It requires easy OOC wins for Wake to attain those goals. Our conference record indicates the Deacs aren't as good as many fans would like to believe. Levity is helpful in determining expectations. Reality helps as well.

.500 record in the ACC minus Clemson is about a meh as meh can get. Meh is better historically but it’s not good enough.

I know there are never must wins, save the playoffs, but really a weak effort for a game we had to have with our schedule. The series to start the second half was keystone cops embarrassing.

Could I get a recap of that series, please?

The offense wasn’t perfect but hard to criticize a squad who put up 42. The defense is laughable. I remember when football video games first came out and sometimes the game would glitch and players would just move aimlessly around the screen in random directions. That’s what our DBs looked like. If we had told our backs to purposely run away from state’s receivers I don’t think they would have been any more open.

The offense wasn’t perfect but hard to criticize a squad who put up 42. The defense is laughable. I remember when football video games first came out and sometimes the game would glitch and players would just move aimlessly around the screen in random directions. That’s what our DBs looked like. If we had told our backs to purposely run away from state’s receivers I don’t think they would have been any more open.

Those who remember the Al Groh days appreciate this defense.

And overall size. Reason we wear down in games....

As the late, great Skip Prosser often said, "It's not all about the X's and O's but the Jimmies and Joes". I think it applies well here.

According to the depth chart, we’re starting the biggest d-line we have in a long time. 285, 300, 295, 251?

According to the depth chart, we’re starting the biggest d-line we have in a long time. 285, 300, 295, 251?

You can find lots of overweight people. The question is ..."Can they play football in the ACC?"

Wow tough crowd.
Shares the responsibility, sure but it’s a bit early to be bringing out the torches and pitchforks don’t ya think?

Back