• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1-6 in our last 7 games

Pilch, you seem like a very informed and informational poster who has a strange uber defensiveness when it comes to other posters just discussing potential issues. The defense was clearly a potential issue.

The record wasn’t even a potential issue; it was an actual one. There was normal reason not to like the trend.

As long as people discuss our team and coaches respectfully, why are they being douchey just for addressing the problems they see? Isn’t that why we’re here, for thoughtful back and forth? Otherwise we should all just be on Facebook.

You’re a good poster, man. We are too.

One of the biggest problems with our fanbase is that when we're good they think we're great, and when we're bad they think we suck. We are neither under Clawson. Today was honestly about as good as we can play defensively. VT didn't play great, and their defense isn't special. But we were the better team because of the coaching preparation and effort. For us to win a lot of our games that's what it takes. Our two losses are to Clemson who's just way better in every way, every day, and to State who on that Saturday was generally a lot better than we were. What's happened since is mostly a nice job of our coaches and players getting their feet under them. Does it mean we'll win the rest of our games? No way. But playing like this we can be competitive in all the games when a month and a half ago that wasn't possible. One week at a time and hope we play our best and see what happens. Go Deacs !

At a minimum, when posting the record stat, it has to be acknowledged that WF has played Clemson twice, who hasn’t lost to anyone in almost 3 seasons except for last year’s LSU team, who may have had the greatest season in college football history.

Also, there’s a difference between “uncritical religious devotion” and giving Clawson the respect that he has earned. Claw knows what he’s doing.

I defended him on the inane “Clawson should be fired” thread. I also said that there were issues to address.

It wasn’t just the record. It was the way we had been playing in certain respects that was concerning.

Are you of the mind that the football team or especially the coach is impervious to any commentary addressing flaws? If so, why are you here? If not, when is it ok for the rest of us to raise an issue?

Don’t let this veer into RChildress107 territory

At a minimum, when posting the record stat, it has to be acknowledged that WF has played Clemson twice, who hasn’t lost to anyone in almost 3 seasons except for last year’s LSU team, who may have had the greatest season in college football history.

Also, there’s a difference between “uncritical religious devotion” and giving Clawson the respect that he has earned. Claw knows what he’s doing.

We were 1-4 if you take out Clemson. Why do you think that’s so much better?

Why do you think it’s disrespectful to Clawson to think he could do better than 1-4 against a mediocre slate of teams?

You want slavish devotion to a coach. That’s not what fans should be. Fans should be concerned when things are going well. Clawson was even more concerned than we were. Apparently you weren’t concerned.

It’s not the criticism of the Coach; that goes with this level of football.

It’s the a-holes that that claim WF was going to go 0-10 in the ACC this year after TWO GAMES. Just amazing how quickly people here jump ship when Clawson has proven he will get it right. It’s not like State fans invaded our Board and claimed Campbell would be our last win. It was our own fans.

It’s the a-holes that that claim WF was going to go 0-10 in the ACC this year after TWO GAMES. Just amazing how quickly people here jump ship when Clawson has proven he will get it right. It’s not like State fans invaded our Board and claimed Campbell would be our last win. It was our own fans.

But you didn’t criticize me for posting out what was going to happen. You criticized me for posting about what did happen.

You revived this thread to call out its “douchey” participants, yet not a single one of them ever made that claim. This thread was for sober assessment of what was going on - the thing you say is acceptable to do. So you should probably take your defensiveness elsewhere. Also side note why are you obsessed with the uniquely juvenile word “douchey” eh never mind I don’t care.

WF was a dog in each of those games, except Cuse. In the loss at Cuse, Newman played an unimaginably bad half, and WF still almost won, losing in OT. WF led at VT at half, lost to Michigan State in the fourth quarter, and at State by 3. No, I didn’t think the wheels were coming off. WF plays close games. You are going to have a bad streaks

Sounds like we have a higher estimation/expectation of Clawson and WF football than you do.

Have you ever written that we did not need to lock him up? That's the douche level.

WF was a dog in each of those games, except Cuse. In the loss at Cuse, Newman played an unimaginably bad half, and WF still almost won, losing in OT. WF led at VT at half, lost to Michigan State in the fourth quarter, and at State by 3. No, I didn’t think the wheels were coming off. WF plays close games. You are going to have a bad streaks

Feel free to start a thread about how Wake is doing against the spread. Some of us are just fans. We want to win straight up. We're not making money off this.

What was you take on locking up clawson? Pretty quiet. I've got a pretty good idea why.

Last edited:
What? What does "locking up Clawson" even mean? His contract?

His long term deal. God you are obtuse when it fits your uses.

His long term deal. God you are obtuse when it fits your uses.

Why would I expect a pointed question about Clawson’s contract?

There’s a search engine. Go look it up.

You don't support Coach. You didn't when we re-signed him, you didn't when we hit a bump, and you don't now. Fuck off.

Back