• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1-6 in our last 7 games

You don't support Coach. You didn't when we re-signed him, you didn't when we hit a bump, and you don't now. Fuck off.

Weird how a new poster would “know” this without looking it up. Pretty ironic coming from you, BKF.

You can look up what I said about his extension. You don’t have to lie about it.

I gave you two chances to support coach's deal. You declined. Why would I need to look it up.

This thread showed your position during the bump.

Why would I give you any benefit of the doubt on supporting coach?

You don't support him. And I'm not BKF.

Last edited:
Feel free to start a thread about how Wake is doing against the spread. Some of us are just fans. We want to win straight up. We're not making money off this.

The post was germane to this thread because performance against the spread is about as good an indicator of how the team performed against expectations in each individual game.

It was about looking at 1-6 in some context.

Get used to hearing about the spread. It’s now a part of everything ESPN and other media outlets present.

We need to talk about this.

Between beating State in 2018 and beating State in 2019, we went 10-2. We've gone 1-6 since.

That 1-6 includes losses to an awful Cuse team last year and what will likely be an awful State team this year.

First two statements are fair enough. Okay let’s take a look at the implications from that last statement.
In college ball and especially a development program such as WF’s there are substantial differences from one season’s team to the next. State may turn out to be mediocre (I’m not yet convinced of that) but losing early in a season to a
mediocre team isn’t necessarily determinative of your own subsequent success. Difficulty of schedule matters but what matters most is how you react to losing when you shouldn’t. We apparently reacted well.
This year there is an even more important factor at play. WF probably gets the more out its fall practice than any ACC team because it is such a developmental program. This year our guys were not at all certain they were playing this year and I’m convinced not very well focused in Fall practice as demonstrated in the awful line play against State.
WF still has one of the most difficult schedules this year. Context does matter.
I’m a critic but I’m grading on a curve of sorts. I suggest the players and the coaches reacted well to the State loss.
Let’s see from here. Every year can surprise. Recall 2006. And remember 2010 when we should have played better and won more.

Back