• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1-6 in our last 7 games

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
We need to talk about this.

Between beating State in 2018 and beating State in 2019, we went 10-2. We've gone 1-6 since.

That 1-6 includes losses to an awful Cuse team last year and what will likely be an awful State team this year.

When we lose to the Domers it will be the first 0-3 start since 1997 (I think).

I like Dave, but he needs to find a good defensive coach. Have not had one since Mike Elko

When we lose to the Domers it will be the first 0-3 start since 1997 (I think).

I mean, to be fair, our first three games are usually some combination of an FCS team, a mediocre to bad FBS team, and like BC. Not a huge task to pick off one win from that compared to opening with the favorite to the win the Natty, a top-10 ND team, and State, which always ends up being a weird game. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks, but the context is important.

I mean, to be fair, our first three games are usually some combination of an FCS team, a mediocre to bad FBS team, and like BC. Not a huge task to pick off one win from that compared to opening with the favorite to the win the Natty, a top-10 ND team, and State, which always ends up being a weird game. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks, but the context is important.

I don't disagree with that - more than anything it's a sign of how far the program has come since the Caldwell days.

I think saying this year is a pass for Clawson due to prep time is a poor excuse. They are his players & his recruits. I’m more willing to give Steve Forbes a pass this year and next due to he walked into a shitstorm beyond his control and recruiting is a bit difficult these days over Zoom. The shitstorm of Clawson’s defense is totally on him.

It's season seven for Clawson. It's on him. No excuses. None. The final eight games will determine this season. Early reviews aren't promising.

We will be 1-7 in our last 8 and Campbell will be our reprieve.

We will be 1-7 in our last 8 and Campbell will be our reprieve.

Heck, I’m worried Campbell will have some success against us. They’ve got a good OL, mobile QB. Yeah, we’ll probably out score them, but don’t expect our _efense to shut them down like a P5 should against an FCS.

Maybe by the time of the Campbell game Clawson will.have taken over the DC duties (again).

Let’s talk about this.

Did WF win another game after Campbell?

And all of the douchey posters that were eager to write off the program after two games.

BTW, when this thread was started, the fact was somehow neglected that WF did run into Clemson twice to end last year and start this year.

Let’s talk about this.

And all of the douchey posters that were eager to write off the program after two games.

BTW, when this thread was started, the fact was somehow neglected that WF did run into Clemson twice to end last year and start this year.

But Pilch, you said our defense was going to improve! Damn, you nailed it. So proud of the guys and Coach Hemp.

Let’s talk about this.

Boom Roasted.

And agreed

We need to talk about this.

Between beating State in 2018 and beating State in 2019, we went 10-2. We've gone 1-6 since.

That 1-6 includes losses to an awful Cuse team last year and what will likely be an awful State team this year.

Pretty douchey to say this is writing off the program. We went 1-6. Any true fan should have been concerned. Now we’ve gone 3-0. Any true fan should be happy. And there’s more work to do.

Being a fan doesn’t require uncritical religious devotion.

Back