• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reality

Deacon93

Reaction score
If you thought this team was going to be good under these unprecedented circumstances, you weren’t dealing with reality. Our program thrives off of preparation in the Spring and Summer. Not to mention, one of the best offensive players in the ACC opting out due to COVID. 2020 has been unfortunate and disappointing. Consider these games as scrimmages that mean absolutely nothing. No one will remember these games and if they crown a champion, there will clearly be an * beside their name. Looking forward to a normal football season next year! Go Deacs!

This is how I’m thinking this season too. These guys don’t even lose a season of eligibility. It’s basically free game practice. Not to mention that we did less contact practice than anyone else we’ll play because our coach actually cares about this pandemic.

I don’t think the pandemic affects only WFU. Hell, NCSU stopped ALL activities for a week just 3 weeks ago, and still came out better prepared. If they play games then it matters or else why even play. Just send all the kids home and don’t half-ass the season just so we can say it doesn’t matter this year. I guess each team will get participation trophies this year. Play like it matters, or don’t play. Pussification of America at its finest. I know the pandemic is bigger than sports, but why do something halfway? If it doesn’t count, send everyone home to quarantine until it can count. Sorry for the rant, but damn!

The players and coaches want to win just as much as anyone else, but you have to acknowledge that the lack of any kind of meaningful practice time, players opting out, etc makes a huge difference. We really shouldn't even be playing football at all, so just enjoy the games you do get to see.

The reality is that the D let the wolpfack drop nearly half a hundred pts on us. :(

The players and coaches want to win just as much as anyone else, but you have to acknowledge that the lack of any kind of meaningful practice time, players opting out, etc makes a huge difference. We really shouldn't even be playing football at all, so just enjoy the games you do get to see.

Have our opponents not been subjected to the same circumstances?

Once the schedule came out I realized this was a doomed season. But this was one I thought we would win.

I don’t think the pandemic affects only WFU. Hell, NCSU stopped ALL activities for a week just 3 weeks ago, and still came out better prepared. If they play games then it matters or else why even play. Just send all the kids home and don’t half-ass the season just so we can say it doesn’t matter this year. I guess each team will get participation trophies this year. Play like it matters, or don’t play. Pussification of America at its finest. I know the pandemic is bigger than sports, but why do something halfway? If it doesn’t count, send everyone home to quarantine until it can count. Sorry for the rant, but damn!

My point exactly. The league has let down the universities and the fan bases by "half-assing" this season!

Reality: if we had won the last two games, you'd be making fun of other fan bases making up excuses.

I know there were no fans, but this was still a road game in Raleigh on their turf, where historically we have an abysmal record. Clawson talked this week how Covid makes any kind of team traveling more complicated. I think it helped that a rowdy Carter Finley crowd was absent. Two fairly equal teams, and the home team pulls it out in the fourth quarter. We win this game in Winston.

Reality: if we had won the last two games, you'd be making fun of other fan bases making up excuses.

2-0 with beating the #1 team in the country and I'd be saying the exact same thing. No excuse needed.....FACTS!

Back