• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greatest Day In Sports History

WFcatamount22

Reaction score
It must be asked, was yesterday the greatest day of sports viewing in the history of US sports? The NFL was electric all day. Atlanta Vs Cowboys absolutely epic, Seattle Vs Patriots was absolutely firing, plus just an overall slate of dynamic games. Then we were #Blessed with Anthony Davis's "Kobe" moment in Conference finals.

Add on top of that it all happened on US Open Sunday with my BOY Bryson changing the game of golf by nuking it around the course.

I say yes. It simply can't get better than that.

I'll go with those years when the MLB opening day coincided with the NCAA MBB final.

For me it was when the Deacs "retired" DePaul's Ray Meyer to advance to the Elite 8.... but I'm WF biased. :thumbsup:

4 NFL teams that most folks dislike or at best don’t care about, the new version of Poulter/Sabbatini/Reed winning a major and what sounds like a great NBA game in a pandemic ruined void of a season. Yeah I’d say it can get a lot better than that.

4 NFL teams that most folks dislike or at best don’t care about, the new version of Poulter/Sabbatini/Reed winning a major and what sounds like a great NBA game in a pandemic ruined void of a season. Yeah I’d say it can get a lot better than that.

NFL teams most people don't care about. Cowboy's, Seattle, and New England are literally the NFL's biggest market.

Every team I cheer for lost(granted, I pull for terrible teams) and a top-2 biggest douche bag in golf won the US Open.

Also, watching a stacked Lakers team win at the buzzer against a gritty, underdog Nugs squad was lame.

Not even a top-10 sports weekend. Try again, bro.

This new young group of QB's are changing the game and are fun as fuck to watch.

Every team I cheer for lost(granted, I pull for terrible teams) and a top-2 biggest douche bag in golf won the US Open.

Also, watching a stacked Lakers team win at the buzzer against a gritty, underdog Nugs squad was lame.

Not even a top-10 sports weekend. Try again, bro.

I find it hard to believe Bryson is a bigger douche than Reed, Bubba, Garcia, and more. What's with the hate?

NFL teams most people don't care about. Cowboy's, Seattle, and New England are literally the NFL's biggest market.

Great. Well when someone doesn’t care about those teams or dislikes them (which most fans are in either bucket pertaining to each of those teams) then why would they give a shit about a super awesome game between them?

Great. Well when someone doesn’t care about those teams or dislikes them (which most fans are in either bucket pertaining to each of those teams) then why would they give a shit about a super awesome game between them?

Because sports are entertaining?

I find it hard to believe Bryson is a bigger douche than Reed, Bubba, Garcia, and more. What's with the hate?

Exactly I just don't get the Bryson hate. Reed horrible person who hates his own mother and known cheater. Bubba is just a mean spirited guy, and known douche. Garcia known racist.

What's the hate on Bryson, he likes math and plays slow? I like how he challenges the conventional norms of golf, including being a CC bro.

It’s ok to be entertained by fairly meaningless non division NFL games between teams you don’t like. But let’s not go nuts calling it the greatest sports weekend of all time.

It’s ok to be entertained by fairly meaningless non division NFL games between teams you don’t like. But let’s not go nuts calling it the greatest sports weekend of all time.

I mean we had great NFL games, Sunday major championship golf, and NBA conference finals in one day.

Thanks certainly unprecedented. Just because you don't care about the teams or dislike a player doesn't make the day less great from an unbiased perspective.

I mean we had great NFL games, Sunday major championship golf, and NBA conference finals in one day.

Thanks certainly unprecedented. Just because you don't care about the teams or dislike a player doesn't make the day less great from an unbiased perspective.

My personal greatest sports day better feature a meaningful win by a favorite team of mine. This weekend was just a day of stuff on tv that might drive traffic to a shitty chain sports bar.

Even from that perspective, how would this day beat any random year’s NCAA first round?

Back