• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 Years Ago Today -- First Monday Night Football Game

Pilchard

Reaction score
September 21, 1970. Jets @ Browns (Browns won 31-21).

Keith Jackson, Don Meredith and Howard Cosell in the booth.

There was a WF connection. Former Deac QB Freddie Summers was converted into a DB after the Browns drafted him in the 4th round, made the tackle on the opening kickoff.

Greatest theme music in sports?

I also like CBS’s college football music, current ABC NBA theme, and of course NBC/Joh Tesh’s Roundball Rock.

Good friend of mine's father was a cameraman for ABC's Monday Night Football for about 10 years. And Dandy Don being about half-lit in the booth on more than one occasion was not a rumor.

While they're doing flashbacks of famous moments of MNF tonight, I would love to see, randomly:
namath.jpg

While they're doing flashbacks of famous moments of MNF tonight, I would love to see, randomly:
namath.jpg

Ha I was at this game. It was the same night in December 2003 as our 3 OT victory at UNC. Chad Pennington threw about 4 INTs against the Pats.

Ha I was at this game. It was the same night in December 2003 as our 3 OT victory at UNC. Chad Pennington threw about 4 INTs against the Pats.

I was also there....watched Texas/Duke at MSG that day, then caught the end of the Wake/UNC game at the ESPN Zone (I think) in Times Square....then had to hustle back to the hotel to get over to the Meadowlands for Jets/Pats.....caught 49ers/Eagles in Philly on the way home, and was sick as a dog on the 7 hour ride home that night....I think drinking at the tailgate had masked the oncoming illness for a few hours!

Back