• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame at Wake Forest

Don't reschedule--never look a gift horse in the mouth. We need all the time we can get to fix the dumpster fire of our defense

This sounds like some bullshit. While I agree that it is probably the safest thing to do, from the articles it sounds like Notre Dame made the decision and then informed Wake. To me Wake should be given the choice of either 1) playing the game with ND missing those players; 2) Notre Dame forfeits; 3) both schools agree to postpone and reschedule. The way this comes across is that ND has forced Wake into postponing without Wake actually agreeing to it. I would think that Wake would have agreed but something about this comes across wrong.

This sounds like some bullshit. While I agree that it is probably the safest thing to do, from the articles it sounds like Notre Dame made the decision and then informed Wake. To me Wake should be given the choice of either 1) playing the game with ND missing those players; 2) Notre Dame forfeits; 3) both schools agree to postpone and reschedule. The way this comes across is that ND has forced Wake into postponing without Wake actually agreeing to it. I would think that Wake would have agreed but something about this comes across wrong.

ND probably pissed they have to come to W-S instead of CLT.

I don’t think any teams are going to do a conventional “forfeit” this season.

This is why I wish they wouldn't have really started the season. I almost kind of like the model that some of the teams are using with 4 games seasons that are mostly exhibition seasons really. We could've played a 6 game season against the instate FBS schools, UNC, State, Duke, ECU, App and UNC-C. Would've been kind of cool to play an instate round robin and would've left plenty of room for open for rescheduling games due to Covid.

This is why I wish they wouldn't have really started the season. I almost kind of like the model that some of the teams are using with 4 games seasons that are mostly exhibition seasons really. We could've played a 6 game season against the instate FBS schools, UNC, State, Duke, ECU, App and UNC-C. Would've been kind of cool to play an instate round robin and would've left plenty of room for open for rescheduling games due to Covid.

As shitty as we’ve looked this is not the year I want to play every team in the state. We’d not fair well.

Understand the disappointment about the start of the season, but WF did lose to the consensus #1 team, and did lead State on the road in the 4th quarter, before falling by 3 (in an entertaining game). Not claiming that this year is going to go down as an all time great one for WF football, but it's not like WF has been completely outclassed as it has in the past to Clemson or at NC State.

A total of 94 COVID-19 tests were administered to Notre Dame Football student-athletes on Monday. Of those 94, there were seven positive tests, according to University Physician Dr. Matt Leiszler. Those seven student-athletes are in isolation and their close contacts have been/are being identified.
In consultation with the St. Joseph County Department of Health, the Notre Dame Football program has decided to pause all football-related activities until further testing is completed. Combined with last week’s testing results, a total of 13 players are currently in isolation, with 10 in quarantine.

https://und.com/notre-dame-football-game-at-wake-forest-postponed/

Hopefully, they have stopped drinking out of the same communion cup.

Seems bad that on the same day this game is postponed Cooper announces stadiums can have some fans again.

Last edited:
Isn’t Carolina open. Play them twice in a season

I don't believe these decisions come down to both sides agreeing about anything. The Conference is involved at some medical health level. With 7 positives, you could easily have 20-40 contact traced quarantined so entire positions might be MIA. Unreasonable to ask three 4th string freshman OLineman to line up to play DLine. Follow the Science.

Back