• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Gale Sayers

He was Barry Sanders before Barry Sanders. Unfortunately for him and others back in that era, knee surgeries were not as effective as they later became.

Yes, I agree Deac fans will always hold a soft spot in our hearts for Gale Sayers and Brian Piccolo.

120137893_10215667691600070_4880160425376235866_n.jpg

The "Kansas Comet" was the most elusive runner I have ever seen. The only comparison is Barry Sanders. I give Sayers the edge because he was better on a wet or muddy field. He attributed his ability to cut on wet turf to using the heel of his feet rather than the ball of his feet to pivot. How the hell do you pivot off the heel of your foot? In mud?! A player you had to see in action to believe it could be done.

RIP.

Less than 1,000 career carries. RIP. Great player...great man.

Geez; Sayers was one of those once in a generation running backs who's injuries shortened his career. He was truly a treat to watch.

RIP Mr. Sayers

Yet another past great now gone. Condolences to his family and friends.

Now he and Pic can resume their friendship on another level.

Did you see Walter Peyton at least on TV? I think he was best but Barry wins it for longevity.

Sayers and Sanders were the 2 most elusive backs ever and the 2 prettiest to watch. Payton and Simpson were more the complete package backs mixing elusiveness and power.

Sayers and Sanders were the 2 most elusive backs ever and the 2 prettiest to watch. Payton and Simpson were more the complete package backs mixing elusiveness and power.

I thought the USC Reggie Bush was a poor man's version of Sayers. Gale was one of my favorites. I even used 40 as one of my lottery numbers in tribute to him. I didn't know until yesterday that Piccolo was a godfather to Mark Packer.

Back