• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans plan to subvert American democracy

I do love how Democrats love to give this shit any credence at all.
Its like they wouldn't know when they're being f with even if it ran up their leg.

Its like they wouldn't know when they're being f with even if it ran up their leg.

Fast forward two months, Pop will claim the Democrats should have know more Trump was going to subvert democracy.

We should not pay attention to the words that the leader of the party says? Does he seem like someone who would peacefully concede a loss?

He is laying out his strategy pretty starkly. Why don’t you think he’s telling the truth?

The words of the President matter. They should be truthful and well thought out. You can't dismiss the President's words as you can an internet troll. If the President is trolling half the country he is a terrible President.

I and many others said that Trump would be horrible for American democracy all the way back in 2015. People called us hyperbolic and said, "It won't be that bad, you guys have TDS." It's been way worse than any of us could have possibly imagined.

I said after Hurricane Maria that Trump crippled Puerto Rico for generations to come because he refused to help American citizens and that when he had to face a truly humongous national crisis, it would damage our nation far worse than Puerto Rico because he doesn't care about anyone but himself and especially doesn't care about those he perceives as enemies. It ended up being far worse than any of us imagined when COVID hit America.

Trump is stupid, arrogant, racist, mysogynist, but one thing he is also is brutally honest when it comes to himself. He lies to make himself look better and he lies to rile up his base, but when it comes to things that he wants to do, he is too dumb to be subtle. When he wanted to keep Muslims and minorities out of America, he said it loud and proud and then enacted policies to effect that racism. When he said he would intervene to keep rioters in check, he sent in federal officers to cities where BLM protests were occurring. He floats extremely controversial ideas, allows FOX News and even some of the more moderate MSM to bring on his cronies and claim, "Oh he was just kidding." And then people get so accustomed to these ideas being in the actual mainstream that when he says pretty firmly that he's going to contest the election no matter what and not leave, people like you can be like, "he's joking, you guys are crazy for believing him, this is why you and the media shouldn't be trusted."

The track record is there. When Trump says he's going to do some heinous shit, he follows through. I predicted this was going to happen last year. Trump is going to have to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.

Pennsylvania Republicans went on record that they've discussed appointing electors that would vote for Trump regardless of the vote.

To be honest, you could just as easily turn that argument around and say that it's amazing at how Trump Republicans willfully ignore what he says or pretend that he's not saying what he's actually saying, and then spend their time trying to justify and defend his actions whenever he actually does (or tries to do) what he said he was going to do. The man is the President of the United States, so whatever he says is going to be newsworthy. In this instance I think it's best to take him at his word. Of course he lies about facts and data and his actions all the time, but he does have a tendency to at least try to do whatever he blurts out he says he's going to.

He is doing exactly what he wants you guys to do. Stay off the issues, dominate the news with his irrationality and pander to his base.

It isn't rocket science.

He is doing exactly what he wants you guys to do. Stay off the issues, dominate the news with his irrationality and pander to his base.

It isn't rocket science.

What part of Trump's history makes you think he is not telling you exactly what he will try to do? What aspect of his personality makes you think that he won't fight tooth and nail to stay in the White House no matter what happens in the election?

What part of Trump's history makes you think he is not telling you exactly what he will try to do? What aspect of his personality makes you think that he won't fight tooth and nail to stay in the White House no matter what happens in the election?

Yeah all of Donald’s “jokes” have turned out to be exactly what he tries to do.

Also I’m curious as to how claiming to act like an authoritarian doesn’t just galvanize the democratic base to vote

Everyone, we need to just sit back and let this play out. Wait until after Trump has actually stolen the election and ended democracy before we do anything. Actions speak louder than words. Let’s see what actions he takes before we get upset about his words.

At this point we know which of his words are to be believed and which are lies and/or projection.

Well, maybe pops doesn't.

I mean, the Democrats are just causing ANOTHER crisis, by listening to and worrying about the crazy things the president said. This is all the Dems fault, first for running Hillary and second for giving air time to Trump and his words.

Birdo, love you, and I honestly appreciate the attempt at levity through sarcasm, but it’s a little too on the nose

Back