• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amy Coney Barrett

from what I understand, she's not a liar. I'm sure she has an explanation for what I asked, but it would be informative to hear.

She testified in her 7th Circuit Confirmation that judges should not impose their own religious beliefs on the laws and that she could remain impartial.

I think that’s probably not true, but the question was asked.

so what's her objection to Roe v. Wade? Just that it's bad law?

I'm really not kidding. Those people don't see it lying if its for jesus.

I'm really not kidding. Those people don't see it lying if its for jesus.

Yeah. I remember when we had a discussion about Republican chicanery about abortion. Wrangor specifically said lying was fine when it was to help end abortion. That was a realization that he was too far gone and how many Christians have lost their way.

so what's her objection to Roe v. Wade? Just that it's bad law?

I would guess that her argument would be that the right to privacy is not an enumerated right. It’s implied by the rights specifically enumerated in the bill of rights.

I've always thought that the historical Jesus was a pretty cool dude. It's his modern-day disciples who worry the fuck out of me.

There have been several stories in recent days that Barrett failed to include in her Senate Judiciary disclosure forms several pertinent items. One is that she failed to mention several talks she gave to student anti-abortion groups in 2013, and she failed to mention her work as a lead defense attorney for a steel businessman who was accused of bankrupting a non-profit hospital group in PA. According to one of the articles, this has raised questions among Senate Democrats "about whether the candidate’s full record is transparent amid a hastened confirmation process for a lifetime appointment to the nation’s highest court." It won't matter, of course.

Link #1: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/politics/kfile-amy-coney-barrett-roe-v-wade-talks/index.html

Link #2: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1242637#blogHeader

Back