• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Parscale Beats Wife Then Threatens to Commit Suicide

Horseshit. They knew he was drunk, angry, irrational, and had half a dozen guns. If you want to sign up to be a social worker for $50K a year to go deal with him, have at it. Pascale's injuries can be fixed with some soap and water, a band-aid, and an ice pack.

Many years ago I was out to lunch with some coworkers (other forensic scientists) and we ran across a disturbance in an ice cream shop. A young male was disturbing customers by saying some strange things and he had a large pair of scissors tied to his waistband. We were able to coax him out of the shop and then I took the lead in talking to him to assess the full situation. After awhile I convinced him to give me the scissors. He was clearly mentally off. One of my coworkers called our switchboard at headquarters to get some assistance (ambulance/social worker). An old lieutenant heard the call and came racing in and almost pulled his gun (definitely re-aggravated the young guy). We had to basically walk the older cop away and calm the guy down again. Luckily he trusted me at this point. Finally his family was contacted and came to the location. He had gone off of his meds and the family was so grateful that we treated him with respect and resolved it with his best interests in mind. I was so pissed at the lieutenant that I filed a complaint to my supervisor when I got back to headquarters. I'm sure nothing happened after that, but I will always remember how terribly wrong it could have gone.

It's hilarious that the dude thinks a 3 min body cam means there weren't 10 guns in the house. And aren't Republicans supposed to have a bunch of guns anyway?

They told him to get on the ground and he didn't do it within 1.5 seconds. Cops also knew he hd half a dozen guns. He was also messing around with his pocket, but the tackling cops probably couldn't see that. So even if there were a bunch of psychological professionals that could have been sent to this call, the same number of cops would have showed up because of the guns.

We’re calling them “freedom hammers” now.

She said she heard a "boom" meaning he had fired the gun, right?

They should have kicked in the door guns a blazin' and straight up shot his ass amiright?

he was sitting out front waiting for the cops to show. He was actively engaging with the first cop he saw on the scene. TUFF guy cop did not need to body slam him but I bet he did it sporting wood.

Horseshit. They knew he was drunk, angry, irrational, and had half a dozen guns. If you want to sign up to be a social worker for $50K a year to go deal with him, have at it. Pascale's injuries can be fixed with some soap and water, a band-aid, and an ice pack.

Horse shit, pay your social workers more and besides the police are on hand with a massive arsenal if the guy threatens the counselor. I’m not that worried about one guy getting tackled but far to often these situations end up with someone getting seriously injured.

this is a terrible post. one of your dumbest.

I'm amazed at how concerned you people are for a drunk abusive piece of shit like Brad Parscale who will emerge from this encounter basically unscathed except for damage to his reputation. He probably won't even have to give up his guns.

just pointing out how stupid it was for the cops to bodyslam him. to nobody's surprise you don't give a shit about cops bodyslamming someone, even a piece of shit, for really no reason.

Even as drunk and stupid as he is, he knew when he came out of that house that he was going to need to comply with police orders quickly and didn't do it. I have no sympathy for him and wouldn't expect much better treatment for myself if I pulled the same kind of stunt.

Republicans' first instinct is to claim that his wife and the cops are Democrats. They have been conditioned to believe that they are always the victim of persecution by the evil Democrats.

I'm amazed at how concerned you people are for a drunk abusive piece of shit like Brad Parscale who will emerge from this encounter basically unscathed except for damage to his reputation. He probably won't even have to give up his guns.

My concern is not for that dude specifically, my concern is that police handle mental health crises very poorly. This guy luckily only ended up with a some scrapes and bruises, but these situations too often end up very poorly. That fact that you think someone threatening suicide will have the clarity of mind to respond to police instructions shouted from 20 feet away with a gun pointed at them within seconds clarifies for me that you do not understand how someone with any anxiety disorder or depression (etc.) thinks and operates, especially during a crisis.

Even as drunk and stupid as he is, he knew when he came out of that house that he was going to need to comply with police orders quickly and didn't do it. I have no sympathy for him and wouldn't expect much better treatment for myself if I pulled the same kind of stunt.

If he was truly in a suicidal state of mind, he definitely did not know this and was probably incapable of processing the situation at the time. I don't know Parscale and honestly I am happy to see any Trump supporter get tackled, but you are attributing rational thought to someone that was reportedly suicidal and those two things are just not compatible. Our approach to policing mental health is all wrong no matter who the mental health patient is and which political party they support.

Brad Parscale has close to 57K Instagram followers. He only follows 61 people, one of which is @forbeswakebasketball

The Daily Mail piece is a good read. Love those muckraking Brit journalists.

I like this excerpt from the police report: "'Due to the subject disobeying my lawful commands coupled with the subject being substantially larger than I am, Subject approx 6`6' and wearing shorts with pockets that could easily conceal a firearm, I initiated a double leg takedown,' wrote Sgt. M. Moceri."

Brad Parscale has close to 57K Instagram followers. He only follows 61 people, one of which is @forbeswakebasketball

3abfb92275b4d8067184cd249df4d957.jpg

Back