Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Time Served

  1. #1

    Time Served

    RJ has now been limited to individual threads for three months. There have been no incidents in the threads nor has he tried to start any new threads. Frankly, those threads sometimes have several consecutive posts of RJ just posting his own thoughts before someone drops into to post their own comment. At times, there have been posters who have come to post potshots at him like he was some prisoner in a stockade.

    As for the initial incident that caused all of this, RJ apologized without fail for his comment and admitted that he was wrong.

    We are approximately one month away from one of the most contentious elections in US history. RJ was right about Trump's Russian entanglements long before most everyone else here. For all his quirks, RJ does have some insights and it just seems odd to quiet his voice from participating in the larger discussion with such a momentous situation approaching.

    Similarly, basketball is starting to heat up. RJ shares the same passion that most everyone else here has - a strange, twisted love for a basketball program from a small private school in North Carolina. He could have given it up years ago and just chilled on the beach in Cali. For whatever reason, he still watches every game and enjoys discussing the games and the program.

    Let RJ rejoin the discussion.
    Last edited by MichDeac25; 10-01-2020 at 09:30 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    nope

    boards are much better now ó lack of engagement with him just shows that people donít want to discuss things with him

    hope the change is permanent

  4. #4
    "Jailbreak imminent"

    Bring em all back. BKF, RChill, RJ, etc...

  5. #5
    Except Rulz. That guy was awful.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    Except Rulz. That guy was awful.
    RULZ is too busy standing back and standing by.

  7. #7
    This is not a sports thread, and the punishment is what it is. RJ can still share his insights just fine.. if there is lack of engagement I think that speaks volumes on its own.

    Moving thread to District 13 where it belongs FWIW.

  8. #8
    I agree with keeping him on his own thread. He does often post some interesting stuff but far too often he makes a thread all about him, no matter what the topic.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    This is not a sports thread, and the punishment is what it is. RJ can still share his insights just fine.. if there is lack of engagement I think that speaks volumes on its own.

    Moving thread to District 13 where it belongs FWIW.
    The lack of engagement is because people aren't going to go to a single thread to hear what a single poster has to say about every single topic imaginable. People go to the threads where multiple people are discussing a particular issue.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    The lack of engagement is because people aren't going to go to a single thread to hear what a single poster has to say about every single topic imaginable. People go to the threads where multiple people are discussing a particular issue.
    That's possible, but with all the stans he's got starting threads to try and get him out of the punishment early/etc (most of them PMed heavily by him inviting that behavior, including yourself I would wager), you'd think some of them would enjoy posting and conversating with him if his takes and insights are that good.

  11. #11
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,767
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    nope

    boards are much better now ó lack of engagement with him just shows that people donít want to discuss things with him

    hope the change is permanent
    Well said.

  12. #12
    Just out of curiosity...Will the original plan of allowing RJ to have freedom in January maintain? Or are you guys going to listen to Juice and others to keep him in his own thread, even if he continues his good behavior?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    That's possible, but with all the stans he's got starting threads to try and get him out of the punishment early/etc (most of them PMed heavily by him inviting that behavior, including yourself I would wager), you'd think some of them would enjoy posting and conversating with him if his takes and insights are that good.
    You make my own point. Even people who enjoy some of his posts don't enjoy checking multiple threads. People want to have a single conversation on a topic.

  14. #14
    So many threads are readable because he canít post in them. Also an opening argument that RJ should be freed to post about the election, especially because it is so contentious, is the start to a poor argument.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Just out of curiosity...Will the original plan of allowing RJ to have freedom in January maintain? Or are you guys going to listen to Juice and others to keep him in his own thread, even if he continues his good behavior?
    he'll be freed in january and immediately start fucking up the boards again

  16. #16
    I love the current setup. RJ-philes, whoever they may be, can get their dose of him if they want. Others, like me, can click on any other thread and not worry about it devolving.

    I'll just smell the roses until January comes around.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    even if he continues his good behavior?
    it's not good behavior if he literally doesn't have the ability to "misbehave"

    he's getting along with people in his threads because the people in those threads are predisposed to lick his boots

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    You make my own point. Even people who enjoy some of his posts don't enjoy checking multiple threads. People want to have a single conversation on a topic.
    so did RJ PM you to ask you to create this sort of thread, or not?

    keeping in mind that it's a fact he has asked others

  19. #19
    rj should just find another message board where he can start with a clean slate and prove to everyone that he's not the problem

    something like shipping him to the minors

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    rj should just find another message board where he can start with a clean slate and prove to everyone that he's not the problem

    something like shipping him to the minors
    he sorta tried that with his new accounts

    except people figured out it was him within days because, uh, he's the problem (obviously)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •