• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time Served

MichDeac25

Reaction score
RJ has now been limited to individual threads for three months. There have been no incidents in the threads nor has he tried to start any new threads. Frankly, those threads sometimes have several consecutive posts of RJ just posting his own thoughts before someone drops into to post their own comment. At times, there have been posters who have come to post potshots at him like he was some prisoner in a stockade.

As for the initial incident that caused all of this, RJ apologized without fail for his comment and admitted that he was wrong.

We are approximately one month away from one of the most contentious elections in US history. RJ was right about Trump's Russian entanglements long before most everyone else here. For all his quirks, RJ does have some insights and it just seems odd to quiet his voice from participating in the larger discussion with such a momentous situation approaching.

Similarly, basketball is starting to heat up. RJ shares the same passion that most everyone else here has - a strange, twisted love for a basketball program from a small private school in North Carolina. He could have given it up years ago and just chilled on the beach in Cali. For whatever reason, he still watches every game and enjoys discussing the games and the program.

Let RJ rejoin the discussion.

Last edited:
nope

boards are much better now — lack of engagement with him just shows that people don’t want to discuss things with him

hope the change is permanent

"Jailbreak imminent"

Bring em all back. BKF, RChill, RJ, etc...

This is not a sports thread, and the punishment is what it is. RJ can still share his insights just fine.. if there is lack of engagement I think that speaks volumes on its own.

Moving thread to District 13 where it belongs FWIW.

I agree with keeping him on his own thread. He does often post some interesting stuff but far too often he makes a thread all about him, no matter what the topic.

This is not a sports thread, and the punishment is what it is. RJ can still share his insights just fine.. if there is lack of engagement I think that speaks volumes on its own.

Moving thread to District 13 where it belongs FWIW.

The lack of engagement is because people aren't going to go to a single thread to hear what a single poster has to say about every single topic imaginable. People go to the threads where multiple people are discussing a particular issue.

The lack of engagement is because people aren't going to go to a single thread to hear what a single poster has to say about every single topic imaginable. People go to the threads where multiple people are discussing a particular issue.

That's possible, but with all the stans he's got starting threads to try and get him out of the punishment early/etc (most of them PMed heavily by him inviting that behavior, including yourself I would wager), you'd think some of them would enjoy posting and conversating with him if his takes and insights are that good.

nope

boards are much better now — lack of engagement with him just shows that people don’t want to discuss things with him

hope the change is permanent

Well said.

Just out of curiosity...Will the original plan of allowing RJ to have freedom in January maintain? Or are you guys going to listen to Juice and others to keep him in his own thread, even if he continues his good behavior?

That's possible, but with all the stans he's got starting threads to try and get him out of the punishment early/etc (most of them PMed heavily by him inviting that behavior, including yourself I would wager), you'd think some of them would enjoy posting and conversating with him if his takes and insights are that good.

You make my own point. Even people who enjoy some of his posts don't enjoy checking multiple threads. People want to have a single conversation on a topic.

So many threads are readable because he can’t post in them. Also an opening argument that RJ should be freed to post about the election, especially because it is so contentious, is the start to a poor argument.

Just out of curiosity...Will the original plan of allowing RJ to have freedom in January maintain? Or are you guys going to listen to Juice and others to keep him in his own thread, even if he continues his good behavior?

he'll be freed in january and immediately start fucking up the boards again

I love the current setup. RJ-philes, whoever they may be, can get their dose of him if they want. Others, like me, can click on any other thread and not worry about it devolving.

I'll just smell the roses until January comes around.

You make my own point. Even people who enjoy some of his posts don't enjoy checking multiple threads. People want to have a single conversation on a topic.

so did RJ PM you to ask you to create this sort of thread, or not?

keeping in mind that it's a fact he has asked others

rj should just find another message board where he can start with a clean slate and prove to everyone that he's not the problem

something like shipping him to the minors

rj should just find another message board where he can start with a clean slate and prove to everyone that he's not the problem

something like shipping him to the minors

he sorta tried that with his new accounts

except people figured out it was him within days because, uh, he's the problem (obviously)

Back