• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campbell at Wake Forest (-33.5) 7 pm Tonight (10/2) - ACCN

Pilchard

Reaction score
Deacs face the Camels tonight, here are some fun facts courtesy of CBS Sports:

- Wake Forest vs. Campbell spread: Demon Deacons -33.5
- Wake Forest vs. Campbell money line: Demon Deacons -5000, Fighting Camels +1300
- WF: The Demon Deacons are 13-0 against non-conference in-state schools since the turn of the century
- CAM: The Fighting Camels have allowed 95 points over their last two games

In this wacky season, this is the 4th and final game on Campbell's schedule. They are coming off a 52-21 loss at App last Saturday. The game was close at the half (17-13).

Campbell starts two former Deacs. OT Mike Edwards and CB Malik Grate. Campbell's most productive player is their dual threat QB Hajj-Malik Williams. Last year, Williams threw for over 2000 yards and ran for 664 yards. This year against three FBS schools, Williams has thrown for 475 yards and and 2 TDs, and run for 179 yards and 4 TDs. Williams was the pre-season Big South offensive player of the year. On defense, Campbell has struggled to stop the run as they have surrendered 6.1 ypc and 13 rushing TDs in 3 games.

Expect a big game from Kenneth Walker. In recent years, Clawson hasn't show much mercy against FCS teams:

- 2017: 51-7 over Presby
- 2018: 51-20 over Towson
- 2019: 49-7 over Elon

Not sure if the Deacs will cover, but anything other than a comfortable win would be a concern. Will be interested to see how the defense used the bye week.

Last edited:
Deacs face the Camels tonight, here are some fun facts courtesy of CBS Sports:

- Wake Forest vs. Campbell spread: Demon Deacons -33.5
- Wake Forest vs. Campbell money line: Demon Deacons -5000, Fighting Camels +1300
- WF: The Demon Deacons are 13-0 against non-conference in-state schools since the turn of the century
- CAM: The Fighting Camels have allowed 95 points over their last two games

In this wacky season, this is the 4th and final game on Campbell's schedule. They are coming off a 52-21 loss at App last Saturday. The game was close at the half (17-13).

Campbell starts two former Deacs. OT Mike Edwards and CB Malik Grate. Campbell's most productive player is their dual threat QB Hajj-Malik Williams. Last year, Williams threw for over 2000 yards and ran for 664 yards. This year against three FBS schools, Williams has thrown for 475 yards and and 2 TDs, and run for 179 yards and 4 TDs. Williams was the pre-season Big South offensive player of the year. On defense, Campbell has struggled to stop the run as they have surrendered 6.1 ypc and 13 rushing TDs in 3 games.

Expect a big game from Kenneth Walker. In recent years, Clawson hasn't show much mercy against FCS teams:

- 2017: 51-7 over Presby
- 2018: 51-20 over Towson
- 2019: 49-7 over Elon

Not sure if the Deacs will cover, but anything other than a comfortable win would be a concern. Will be interested to see how the defense used the bye week.

Campbell has got some decent talent on offense and I'm afraid may find some success against our defense as bad as it's looked. I would expect our offense to have tons of success though. Campbell may be a little worn down as I think this will be the forth straight week they will be playing an FBS team and oddly this is their final game of the season. I would also expect them to go all out to try to win or at least have good showing against an ACC school, so a trick play or 2 might be coming.

Campbell Camels, Glenn Campbell, Joe Camel, Campbell soup. Don't matter. Deacs by 30.

We will get to see what Wake lost when Mike Edwards transferred. He was supposed to be a starting offensive tackle at Wake this season.

Could be our only W this year. Enjoy.

Douchey take.

So far, WF lost to the #1 team in the country, and by 3 in the 4th quarter on the road to an in-state conference rival. No one is projecting a New Years 6 bowl appearance for the Deacs, but it is amazing how quickly people jump ship on a team and coach that has won 7, 8, 7 and 8 games the last 4 years. It's as if people just cannot wait to write this team off.

Well this season Clawson will certainly have a few opportunities to improve on his record following a bye week.

I saw the game was tonight earlier this week and I still thought it was tomorrow. Man.

Yeah thanks for the heads up on Gameday. Just noticed it's tonight.

Glad I get to watch as a Comcast customer oh wait it’s nice we are having a season in the middle of a pandemic I can’t watch

I have been a Wake Forest fan/suppporter/contributor since age 10 and continue to be so. That having been said, I am a graduate of Campbell College (Buie's Creek, N.C.) I knew that some day Campbell and Wake Forest would do football together. I thought it would come about in about 6 or seven years (Campbell would take the place on the Deacon schedule usually filled by Presbyterian). But here we are in 2020 (in Donald Trump's world!) and the Fighting Camels are coming to Groves Stadium (please forgive, I'm "old school").
I can tell you that things have changed in Buie's Creek. Two dorms I lived in have been bulldozed and their former locations now hold a spiffy new student center (something they never would have given to us in the mid-60s). We didn't have football back then, and we only started soccer in my sophomore year. Some day this game will be played in Buie's Creek, and when that happens the football world will know that somebody's fortunes rose and somebody's fortunes fell. Tonight I plan to find an adult beverage and watch the show, while keeping the Heat and the Lakers on the flashback button.
GO DEACS AND CAMELS!

I have been a Wake Forest fan/suppporter/contributor since age 10 and continue to be so. That having been said, I am a graduate of Campbell College (Buie's Creek, N.C.) I knew that some day Campbell and Wake Forest would do football together. I thought it would come about in about 6 or seven years (Campbell would take the place on the Deacon schedule usually filled by Presbyterian). But here we are in 2020 (in Donald Trump's world!) and the Fighting Camels are coming to Groves Stadium (please forgive, I'm "old school").
I can tell you that things have changed in Buie's Creek. Two dorms I lived in have been bulldozed and their former locations now hold a spiffy new student center (something they never would have given to us in the mid-60s). We didn't have football back then, and we only started soccer in my sophomore year. Some day this game will be played in Buie's Creek, and when that happens the football world will know that somebody's fortunes rose and somebody's fortunes fell. Tonight I plan to find an adult beverage and watch the show, while keeping the Heat and the Lakers on the flashback button.
GO DEACS AND CAMELS!

Must be a really cool feeling for you. Enjoy it!

There are a few Creek Deacs I know who are going to enjoy this. Can’t help but be happy for Campbell and Mike Minter.

I was in the Greensboro Coliseum in 1992 when #16 seed Campbell played#1 seed (and eventual national champion) Duke in Campbell's only NCAA tournament appearance. When I was at Campbell we played the likes of Gene Littles at High Point College and Dwight Durant at Catawba. Intrigued by the mascot name "Fighting Camels" many people from all over the nation sent donations to the Campbell booster club, having seen them on national TV.
Campbell Is The Best! To Hell With All The Rest!

GO DEACS AND CAMELS!

Uh, no.

Seriously, though, hope you enjoy the moment.

This game reminds me of my college days. An 0 for whatever Wake Forest team getting abused by an 0 for whatever DIII team.

Back