• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No Solicitation Signage

Doors and phones do not have to be answered just because someone knocks or calls. :noidea:

D2D jobs must really suck, I do feel a little bad for them but I can be rude to them. We also get a lot of them in summer.

I had some dude come to my door recently (well month or so ago) without a mask. Talked through door a minute, tried to say something about masks and choice...I interrupted him and told him to fuck-off, I didn’t ask him to come to my house.

Who has time for that BS?

honestly, i'm kinda surprised many door-to-door and cold sales jobs still exist in the world of the internet

My dogs make such a fucking racket when our doorbell rings that I think people are actually happy when we don’t answer. Also having one of the video doorbells is sweet so you can identify the 1/20 times you actually need to answer.

I sold office supplies and had to go business to business. It was the absolute worst job I have ever had. People suck.

Been there brother. First job out of school. It's one of the jobs you take knowing you put in the grind to get a better job. Nobody was gonna give a Western grad with a 2.9 GPA a good job coming out of a recession, so I just decided to bust it for a couple years lol.

Actually made decent cash out of it for a 22 year old kid.

Last edited:
Been there brother. First job out of school. It's one of the jobs you take knowing you put in the grind to get a better job. Nobody was gonna give a Western grad with a 2.9 GPA a good job coming out of a recession, so I just decided to bust it for a couple years lol.

Actually made decent cash out of it for a 22 year old kid.

I was 22 and followed a girl to Raleigh. I lasted about 2 months before I made a switch. Way too much of an introvert for that job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371654515360

s-l500.jpg

You might be turning away Kenny Brooks, the best door to door salesman

He has several videos

Dude you went to Wake Forest, you can afford a moat

Just open the door naked.

After we got married, our first apartment was just over a mile from her parents. Her Mom loved to pop in. One Saturday afternoon of day drinking and watching football with my buddies, there is the dreaded knock on the door. I stripped down to my boxers and answered with a bottle of Jack in my hand. She was gone in less than a minute, and forever called before coming by.

if the point is to avoid being bothered, why would you install a device that pings your phone and demands your attention via video

Bc you can look at the door from your couch or toilet. And you can disable notifications other than “when the doorbell actual rings”

honestly, i'm kinda surprised many door-to-door and cold sales jobs still exist in the world of the internet

I assume you mean door-to-door selling to consumers and not B2B. I’ve been in sales for a decade and everywhere I’ve been we’ve had salespeople drop in just About every day trying to sell something. Door to door sales for B2B is still pretty prevalent.

I once had a young salesman tell me my “no soliciting” sign didn’t apply to him because he worked for an interstate company. So he was getting all Constitutional on me.

Back