Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Why do you keep coming back to the tunnels? Seriously. You never contribute anything.
    This point really stands!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    34 people connected to White House, more than previously known, infected by coronavirus: Internal FEMA memo

The administration has sought to downplay the spread.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/34-p...ry?id=73487381

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    4 years ago I worried that electing Trump would kill us all. But I really thought those closest to him would be among the last to go.

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/when-di...d=hp_lead_pos5

Behind a paywall probably. Takeaway is that scientists are sure that Covid was widely spreading within the US by the end of January. A significant portion originated in Europe and was then spread around by intra-US travel. The science and graphics in the article are interesting by themselves. Posting on the politics board to make the point that the much-ballyhooed China travel ban on February 2 was entirely ineffective. Source: notorious liberal rag the Wall Street Journal.

Yep. Itís fine for the president to get cutting edge treatment. Itís not fine to brag about it and use it as a reason why 210K deaths are no big deal.

Every once in a while it dawns in me the sheer magnitude of this pandemic. 210000 people is a lot of dead people in 7 months.
    Birds are real.

Completely cured

So much for "no symptoms."

Can anyone explain why discussing the forest fires at such great lengths is such a key theme in his public comments?

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Can anyone explain why discussing the forest fires at such great lengths is such a key theme in his public comments?
    1. It affects Democrat run California.
    2. He thinks he understands it and believes there is a simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Because forest management is the answer to all the symptoms of what the liberals call "climate change."
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Every once in a while it dawns in me the sheer magnitude of this pandemic. 210000 people is a lot of dead people in 7 months.
    Yeah. Itís nuts. So many people have lost so much really out of nowhere.

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I canít imagine that and I hope I donít have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. Thatís almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, itís just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. Itís been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

Iím not a young man and thatís 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And thereís no real end in sight.

For the little ones, this is becoming normal, all they know.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I canít imagine that and I hope I donít have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. Thatís almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, itís just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. Itís been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

Iím not a young man and thatís 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And thereís no real end in sight.

We lost the number of people as 9/11 70 times.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

Donít worry...Itíll end the day after the election. Just ask the fuckers in my office who gave me COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Because forest management is the answer to all the symptoms of what the liberals call "climate change."
    Nevermind that there are tons of federal lands where there is almost no controlled burning in California, including big parts of the current fires.