Page 19 of 106 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Never Murdered My FIL
    We are approaching the number of combat deaths in the Civil War.

Sorry to hear about your dog PH. How old?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    We are approaching the number of combat deaths in the Civil War.
    Good thing we have the best president since Lincoln to navigate us through

Never Murdered My FIL
    We will almost certainly hit the number of American combat deaths in WW2.

Weíve hit the death toll of Vietnam about 4 times now.

Never Murdered My FIL
    But you know, itís no big deal because tough guys donít like masks on their face.

Itís a sad irony that the same pieces of shit who bitch about us getting soft are too fucking delicate to wear a piece of cloth on their face to help save American lives.

Fuck the Republican Party so fucking hard.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dog PH. How old?
    5 or 6 year old beagle. We got her in summer 2017.

I was working late Sunday night/Monday morning. Took out the trash at 2:30 am. She was fine. Came back inside at 5:00 am and there was bloody diarreah tracked throughout the house. Wife took her to the emergency vet. They did surgery, gave her a plasma infusion, and some other expensive procedures. Wife went back in the evening to see if she had any life in her. Her eyes were lifeless. Made the decision to put her down at 7:00 pm. Crazy day. Only idea is that it was delayed reaction to a bee sting earlier that day. She liked to chase bees around our lemon tree.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 10-08-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Damn sorry to hear that ph

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Donít worry...Itíll end the day after the election. Just ask the fuckers in my office who gave me COVID.
    I know I shouldn't be, but I'm amazed at the number of people I've heard in person, or seen on social media, saying something similar. They really seem to think that if the "right candidate" wins the election then the coronavirus will go away, as if it's just waiting for the election to make its exit. And it's also disturbing as well as amazing, I should add.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yeah. Itís nuts. So many people have lost so much really out of nowhere.

One of our dogs died suddenly on Monday with no warning. My wife and I were talking about how so many people have experienced that multiplied times an infinite amount of sadness due to COVID. I canít imagine that and I hope I donít have to experience it. I heard about a study of obituaries of COVID victims. They were survived by an average of 9 people. Thatís almost 2 million people who have lost a family member to this disease.

And on the other end, itís just the everyday toll for those of us who are surviving. Itís been almost 8 months since the reality of this pandemic hit and people started quarantining.

Iím not a young man and thatís 1.5% of my life. Over 5% of my marriage. And thereís no real end in sight.

For the little ones, this is becoming normal, all they know.
    My son turned two last month and has quarantined for almost 30% of his life.
    Hungry

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    yeah, i'm just glad my 9mo old has no idea what's going on. it's been bad enough on my 4 yr old that when she does "star light, star bright", she wishes coronavirus was over.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah, i'm just glad my 9mo old has no idea what's going on. it's been bad enough on my 4 yr old that when she does "star light, star bright", she wishes coronavirus was over.
    I don't feel like enough people are talking about the toll on toddlers. Most aren't getting to see friends or go to preschool. They aren't getting the socialization they need of going out in public. So many crucial things they can't do. It's maddening, but we're all just adjusting to this new normal.

My cousinís 4 year old is terrified. Canít see friends. Couldnít see grandparents for the longest time. All the masking up and washing hands and avoiding people.

5 or 6 year old beagle. We got her in summer 2017.

I was working late Sunday night/Monday morning. Took out the trash at 2:30 am. She was fine. Came back inside at 5:00 am and there was bloody diarreah tracked throughout the house. Wife took her to the emergency vet. They did surgery, gave her a plasma infusion, and some other expensive procedures. Wife went back in the evening to see if she had any life in her. Her eyes were lifeless. Made the decision to put her down at 7:00 pm. Crazy day. Only idea is that it was delayed reaction to a bee sting earlier that day. She liked to chase bees around our lemon tree.
    Geez man that mustíve been traumatic. As a dog lover, that hurts my heart.

I don't feel like enough people are talking about the toll on toddlers. Most aren't getting to see friends or go to preschool. They aren't getting the socialization they need of going out in public. So many crucial things they can't do. It's maddening, but we're all just adjusting to this new normal.
    A number of my friends with teenage kids have said that many of them hate remote learning now. They liked it at first, as they could stay at home, but they quickly grew bored and restless and wanted to go out with friends. Many of them last year missed things like the prom and graduation. They've said that many of their kids now want to go back to school just to be around people their age and get back into a normal routine. I know that not every kid feels that way, but I keep reading that this pandemic will accelerate the trend of more and more people taking classes online and lead to a decline in brick-and-mortar schools, but in the case of teens and college-age students I'm not so sure. It may end up doing just the opposite.

Yep. Itís fine for the president to get cutting edge treatment. Itís not fine to brag about it and use it as a reason why 210K deaths are no big deal.

Point...still...stands......?
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

I think that's wishful thinking from the people who have been hyping up online education for the last two decades. Teachers generally don't like it. Students generally don't like it. Parents don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Every once in a while it dawns in me the sheer magnitude of this pandemic. 210000 people is a lot of dead people in 7 months.

Weak people, with bad genes.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    Nevermind that there are tons of federal lands where there is almost no controlled burning in California, including big parts of the current fires.
    No management on federal lands? Link?
    Birds are real.

Good thing American society already produces so many stable individuals, certainly no future problems will ever be traced back to a toddlers underdevelopment.

Damn PH, Iím really sorry about your dog. Sudden deaths are very difficult.
    Draxx them sklounst